The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Vostyok »

Nash wrote:
Yes, commercial. The game will be a small-sized open world RPG inspired by Fallout 1. :) Speaking in technical terms, think... Strife, but with a more "go almost anywhere, do any quest in any order" approach to game design.
You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Got those rotating CoD-style damage indicators. :D Credit to Gerodium for their damage overlay system, and Marisa for the Shape2D helpers (allows 2D texture arbitrary rotation and scaling)

@Vostyok - Project will take a long time to complete, I wouldn't hold your breathe. =P
protox

Post by protox »

Very cool, would like to see someone release a commercial title running on gzdoom since it's open source now.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Thank hellish heavens it's possible for GZDoom engine. And my, that's a lot of pinkies!
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

protox wrote:Very cool, would like to see someone release a commercial title running on gzdoom since it's open source now.
its funny that you say that in response to Nash's post since Nash is showing off his commercial project lol
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Ditched the old first attempt, going at it a second time now that I actually have a better understanding of making functions, getting HudMessage and text wrapping to work right, etc. The old code was so bad that I couldn't read my own shit when I tried to start it up again lol. Not to mention I actually have two computers to test with now.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Brilliant! Strife Progress! I bet people won't forget other NPCs' Dialogue easily now.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

I suddenly had a GLSL shader writing itch again and here's a mimicry of a Matrox G100A's texturing process - which is a banded bilinear filter, EXCEPT for the alpha channel, and the alpha is a 1-bit ordered dither!!!
Also another "QWATER" shader except I went for hacking in the pixelation for this one. I love those jagged imperfections

Also some powervr shader kind of thing. Postprocess and some blocky filtering plus a lazy linear LOD like the card. but since dark elf involved i'll spoiler it
Spoiler: DARK ELF
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

I love dither
Nash

Post by Nash »

Lefties rejoice! Your characters can be left or right-handed during character creation. All weapons automatically take your handedness into account, including adjusting the offsets that effects are spawned from, on top of the obvious visual difference. For unarmed attacks, lefties will punch with their left hand first. All coded very cleanly with no State duplication, therefore making it easy for any weapon I create to adopt the handedness system
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Does this take into account those gentlemen, such as myself, who don't have a preference as to what hand holds the cigar?

Also, awesome.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Splendid WIP video there, Nash! And am i hearing casing sound effect, after ejected from handgun's chamber?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Captain J wrote:Splendid WIP video there, Nash! And am i hearing casing sound effect, after ejected from handgun's chamber?
Ah, I know what you mean. The firing sound has some casing sound baked into it. I'll need to cut the sound sample...

//////////////

Testing WIP baked lightmaps. GZDoom sure is starting to look like old Source engine. ;P

EDIT: have a few more

Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That truck even looks realistic and gorgeous. And that map seems absolutely large there! So moody and beautiful. And yeah, what we might need is some kind of signs and traffic lights!
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

I think the map is from Hellcore 2.0? It's one of my favorites in terms of atmosphere - the gameplay isn't the best, but the maps are really neat and the music gives it a very sombre feel.

Return to “Off-Topic”