heXen Upstart Mapping Project (RELEASED!)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HexenMapper

Re: heXen Upstart Mapping Project (XUMP)

Post by HexenMapper »

ok we have 10 maps finished, and 2 maps mostly done, we're just doing some testing and finishing touches on the last 2 maps and we should be able to release in a few days to a week :)
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

It's not a must, but I'd be surprised if you actually used all of Hexen's 11 keys and 17 puzzle items. Hoping to have another encounter with Zedek, Traductus & Menelkir :P
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

We've used quite a few of the keys and puzzle pieces so far - a few clock gears, a few gems, something like 10 keys, and a flame mask!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on the encounter side...
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

On a side note, if the maps have respawn scripts, please make them use number 255 like the base game. That way the minimod I use to supress the respawning mechanic is compatible without further tinkering, making it optional. I can send a link to it if anyone else is interested. Last but not least, do you mind if someone gives XUMP a spin with High Noon Drifter, Factotum or other gameplay mods with Hexen support once it's released? :)
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

do you mean RESPAWN scripts as in those that would be used in a multiplayer game?
I think one of the maps has a RESPAWN script that pretty much does the same thing as the ENTER script for that map, but apart from that there aren't any I'm aware of.

You're welcome to use the project with any mods you like, it should hopefully work ok. There are a few minimal DECORATE decorations and edits but shouldn't be anything mod-breaking :)
HexenMapper

Re: heXen Upstart Mapping Project (RELEASED!)

Post by HexenMapper »

XUMP Now Released!

Grab it here or in the OP:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lu36rtwbv ... p.zip/file
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

We've done a few minor edits - latest version is 1.3 - Download link is the same as above / in the OP
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Now on idgames - link is in the OP :)

Latest version is 1.4
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Mind adding a changelog in the OP for all versions? :P
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Its mostly a bunch of very small fixes to various maps, weapon placement for co-op, some balancing tweaks here and there.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

HexenMapper wrote:Its mostly a bunch of very small fixes to various maps, weapon placement for co-op, some balancing tweaks here and there.
That reminds me, is the final boss arena supposed to suddenly become flooded with monsters after killing Korax?
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

HexenMapper wrote:do you mean RESPAWN scripts as in those that would be used in a multiplayer game?
I think one of the maps has a RESPAWN script that pretty much does the same thing as the ENTER script for that map, but apart from that there aren't any I'm aware of.

You're welcome to use the project with any mods you like, it should hopefully work ok. There are a few minimal DECORATE decorations and edits but shouldn't be anything mod-breaking :)
I meant that in the base game there were Repopulation Scripts in Slot 255 that spawned different monsters (mostly Ettins) on specific spawnspots every 4 minutes, making Hexen feel like Doom on Nightmare difficulty as you weren't able to accumulate 100% kills. I got a minimod that disables every Script 255 just for that purpose. And speaking of which, it seems you did the same on the Garden of Torture if I'm not mistaken, but it's not a big deal :P
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Gideon020 wrote:That reminds me, is the final boss arena supposed to suddenly become flooded with monsters after killing Korax?
Korax has a script he runs when he is very low health that can summon more monsters, but it shouldn't happen upon death.

DabbingSquidward - Ah I see what you mean. MAP02 has 2 different scripts for monster spawning, starting with ettins and eventually adding in green demons as more maps are unlocked. These could be made to be script 255, but at this stage they're separated out. You can disable Script 34 and 35 if you want to disable the monster spawners.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

HexenMapper wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:That reminds me, is the final boss arena supposed to suddenly become flooded with monsters after killing Korax?
Korax has a script he runs when he is very low health that can summon more monsters, but it shouldn't happen upon death.
Ah, I must have killed him too quickly because when I killed him the whole place was flooded with monsters.
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Gideon020 wrote:when I killed him the whole place was flooded with monsters.
Did you died? or were you able to complete it?

Return to “Levels”