Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Enjay

Re: Splatterhouse 3D - Episode 1

Post by Enjay »

Looks OK to me.

:shrug:
matuloco

Post by matuloco »

ImpieTwo wrote:I tried to fix the fist but I'm not happy with it. I'm not a good enough sprite artist to match the colors or remove the forearm hair. Makes him look like he went tanning with sleeves down to his elbows.
I did this, you may use it if you want.
Attachments
RFI2A0.png
RFI2A0.png (7.23 KiB) Viewed 1790 times
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

That looks really good IMO. The colour matches pretty well. I'm not sure how everyone will feel about the arm hair removal but, IMO, previously it looked a bit too copy/pasted/cloned and was starting to look a bit like a forearm toupee anyway. I think this is much better.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

matuloco wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:I tried to fix the fist but I'm not happy with it. I'm not a good enough sprite artist to match the colors or remove the forearm hair. Makes him look like he went tanning with sleeves down to his elbows.
I did this, you may use it if you want.
That looks fucking amazing! I'm totally happy about the arm hair removal and the veiny additions. This looks way more like Rick's arm from the original games. I'll be sure to add this and include you in the final credits page.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

The arm definitely looks good and at least we finally have a friendly widescreen sprite. Now what we need is a bare foot kick, with small rips on his pants.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Didn't one of the Duke Nukem editions (Life's Beach or something) have a foot with a sandal? That might be a good starting point for making a bare foot and the leg position might tie in with the normal jeans-covered leg meaning that a mashup between the two might be possible.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

There was a barefoot duke, but unfortunately the foot is so tiny it looks ridiculous on the big pant leg.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Goddammit, a door in s1m5 requires a blue card instead of a blue skull and can't be opened. Fixing that in the next ten minutes.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Great mod, but I noticed a couple things pertaining to the weapons

-baseball bat seems to alert enemies

-the hand on the shotgun seems to be wearing a black glove in the idle sprites
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Whoah wrote:Great mod, but I noticed a couple things pertaining to the weapons

-baseball bat seems to alert enemies

-the hand on the shotgun seems to be wearing a black glove in the idle sprites
You shouldn't be able to see the hand in the idle sprites though.

I let the bat alert enemies as a tradeoff for it having the second most damaging attack in the game. If you're willing to get up close and risk annihilation you can kill bosses with it pretty quickly.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

I think you can see the hand in the lower left hand corner. With the fullscreen HUD anyway. I don't know. I just noticed what is usually a little brown spot in vanilla doom, is a little black spot in Splat3D, so I assumed it was a hand bug. And the baseball bat makes sense. Anyway, great job on the mod! Looking forward to more content!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Whoah wrote:I think you can see the hand in the lower left hand corner.
Okay, i totally see it now. I never noticed it all this time so I guess I'm still not worried about it. I think only people really familiar with the sprite will pick it up at all.

E2 does have a ton of new content, so hopefully it delivers when it comes out. Trying to finish it in time for Halloween.
ImpieTwo

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 2 Episodes!

Post by ImpieTwo »

It's done! I have now adapted the first and second games of the original Splatterhouse franchise. Episode 2 adds:

- New graphics for Rick's punch and kick!

- New monsters not featured in Episode 1!

- Six spooky new maps based on the Sega Genesis sequel: the ruins of West Mansion, the cursed elevator, the foul river, the hidden house, the subterranean temple, and a reinvention of Hell itself!

- New intermissions for Episode 1, and some updated enemy graphics for Bagman and Howler!

- Lots of little tweaks here and there!

Do take it for a spin, won't you? And let me know if anything is broken. Happy Halloween!
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Played this for a while last night, and so far so good! Everything seems to work like it's supposed to! Only thing that just kiiiiiinda bugs me a teensy bit, is the chainsaw and shotgun still have Doomguy's gloves. I found a thread with some centered Blood shotgun sprites using Caleb's hands if you plan on changing the hands. Either way, badass mod! Definitely one of my favorite of your works

EDIT: Wait! One other thing I noticed! Rick's kick doesn't seem to be affected by the "berserk" powerup
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Whoah wrote: EDIT: Wait! One other thing I noticed! Rick's kick doesn't seem to be affected by the "berserk" powerup
Yeah, it's tricky to get an alternate attack thing to work with Berserk. I would have to code the kick as a separate weapon called by a hotkey, and it was easier for me to do it the way I did it. So the kick mainly gives you a longer attack without needing the bat, but to splatter guys you have to get closer.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”