The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by xenoxols »

Thanks guys! I actually wear these to keep out the rain for what my coat and boots don't keep out. I got them for cheap and I don't want to shell out the money for waxed/oilskin chaps which are much better at keeping the water out. It was really down pouring today; my hat is still soaked and it's been inside for hours now. Not that it's actually warm in the house.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

my cold has thankfully subsided, at least to the point where it doesn't put too much pressure on me anymore. the insomnia isn't going away though, and it's been particularly awful last night. hopefully the hospital will get back to me soon.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Gonna plug someone's book here because it still needs some funding help. (I know shipping for physical copies outside the UK might be prohibitive, but there's a digital version at least! Every bit helps.)
chopkinsca

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by chopkinsca »

Dancso wrote:Been revisiting all of the big classic zdoom adventures recently.
Phocas Island 2 being up on my list next, I had no idea there was an effort to remaster it.
Also, haven't seen chopkinsca around for so long. :|

EDIT
Spoiler:
Oh no! Not the bees! :(
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Not intended as a political comment at all, merely an acknowledgement of one of the most fascinating moments in a TV interview that I've seen for a long time.

(and, yes, it is animated with the blink. ;) )
Trance

Post by Trance »

Which TV interview is that referencing? It isn't familiar to me.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

The Roy Moore/ted crockett spokesman interview by CNN.

And it made my freakin' night seeing that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Yeah, I think regardless of your political affiliations the complete and utter brain-stall that Crockett had during that interview was quite something to behold, as was the interviewer's poker face as he allowed Crockett to set himself up for the fall.

This is the pertinent part of the interview.

And remember folks, let's keep it apolitical.
Trance

Post by Trance »

I have to admit I'm about as speechless as Mr. Crockett after seeing that. It's not often you get to see such a swift and effective response to abject ignorance like that on national television.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Comicstrophe on Alabama.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

NeuralStunner wrote:Gonna plug someone's book here because it still needs some funding help. (I know shipping for physical copies outside the UK might be prohibitive, but there's a digital version at least! Every bit helps.)
The author's previous book (The Secret History of Mac Gaming) was utterly fantastic, so this should be a delight.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Just been reading about this and it's made me kinda depressed:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.live ... pando.html

I've linked to LiveScience, but it's being covered in other publications.
That something so undeniably ancient could be dying off in our era, our time, is quite sad. Part of me thinks that sometimes we need change, and anything that can't adapt to the changing world will be replaced naturally anyway.
It's just a little sad, regardless...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The world is changing through the years and sometimes... It's unacceptable and want to go back in time. I can relate to it so much, but it would be even more depressing if we grieve over this deeply over, and over... And over.

2018 is absolutely not my year and can feel that everything is changing so fast... But then again, moving on and grieve just a little might be best.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Vostyok wrote:That something so undeniably ancient could be dying off in our era, our time, is quite sad. Part of me thinks that sometimes we need change, and anything that can't adapt to the changing world will be replaced naturally anyway.
World Wide Fund for Nature wrote:
  • The rapid loss of species we are seeing today is estimated by experts to be between 1,000 and 10,000 times higher than the natural extinction rate.
  • These experts calculate that between 0.01 and 0.1% of all species will become extinct each year.
  • If the low estimate of the number of species out there is true - i.e. that there are around 2 million different species on our planet - then that means between 200 and 2,000 extinctions occur every year.
  • But if the upper estimate of species numbers is true - that there are 100 million different species co-existing with us on our planet - then between 10,000 and 100,000 species are becoming extinct each year.
While experts certainly disagree on the specific numbers (even the number of species on the planet can't really be tied down very accurately - there are an awful lot of species out there that haven't ever been studied, and which will vanish before anyone does study them), a lot of organisms (ancient and not so ancient) are dying out in our era (and, of course, there were a great many extinctions before us too - for various reasons - but human involvement certainly seems to be a major force behind the current extinction rate).
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

There used to be a lot of turkeys in my town. They would walk around on the sidewalks sometimes. I haven't seen any in years.
I got a new sport coat.

Return to “Off-Topic”