Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
heron

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - (Release Ep1 Pg 54) V1.05

Post by heron »

murphy_slaw,

You are loading a different combination (or number) of wads when starting your sourceport. It won't allow you to load a save from a different set of wads. If you can recall exactly which wads you loaded at the time of saving, you'll be able to use those saves again.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah, I put a warning about this on the front page in the downloads section. Gzdoom seems to be picky about order you load files in if they contain ACS modules.

Long story short, it may be easier and safer to run it from a shortcut of Gzdoom, adding "-file ashes2063maps.wad -file ashes2063mod.pk3" after Gzdoom's address.

Edit: there is a note on the front page about adding other files such as ketchup, nashgore or Captain J's sfx patch
RTheM

Post by RTheM »

Vostyok wrote:*snip*

Currently mapping at the moment. I want to add some more exploration, especially in city environments, as well as rewards for doing so. A lot of people have commented on the amount of dead ends in The City that felt like they should have led somewhere. Obviously, you're not going to be doing much exploring during a rad-storm, so episode 1 can be forgiven for that, but hopefully have more to do in episode 2, since things have calmed down a little.

A Little.
Well, so long as we get to find the golden/yellow Athena statue (the one you see before you enter the airlock leading to Athena) as a sell-able collectible in the first level, I won't mind however little things may or may not have calmed down. :D That said, I noticed a thing with the lantern, usually when I collect it it won't cast a noticeable light when turned on, any sprite entities like corpses and the like will act like they're being highlighted by the lantern but the environs will remain dark. It usually starts working after you've ran around the level for some time. Unfortunately, this problem has spread to the light-leeching effect of Banshee projectiles as well, which ruins their coolness... but I'm guessing this might be not your fault but rather a GZDoom dynamic light issue of some sort or something. EDIT: Also, the dynamic lights stop working immediately after a quick load.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

I'm calling it the "Jetfire" edition for whatever reason, at least until I can think of a better name. Loads after Ashes2063Maps.wad and Ashes2063Mod.pk3, but before CJ_WastedAshesSFXs.wad (should you use them, they're actually quite good). Some bugs and inconsistencies may exist.

Standalone version, equivalent to AshesWeaponsPack.pk3. Same dangers apply regarding bug potential.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

This is actually pretty good, dude! I really like what you've done with the shotgun. There seems to be a "quick reload" function on the Junker musket as well, if you hit reload as soon as the round has fired.

Cool stuff!

edit: Added to front page. Bazinga!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - (Release Ep1 Pg 54) Jetfire mod

Post by Captain J »

Ahh, excellent! Now that addon will gives me extra momentum to do something quick before i get myself killed!
thedeathrunner123
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

anyway you could add a separate key for the boot knife? so for example, you could bind it to say v in the options and then (with any weapon) press v for a quick melee swipe with the knife. i end up using alt fire on the guns and then alt firing (duh) without swinging, and i end up wasting ammo.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah, I thought about this. It would mean adding an extra control key though, which some people might disaprove of. Ashes uses more than Doom 2 as it is :(

Although, if quick-melee had a seperate key, that means every gun could have an alt-fire, or at least *some* sort of secondary function. Aiming down sights with assault rifle? Double barrels with the double-barrel? Upgradeable laser dot sight for glock? Fancy trick twirls for the revolver? (okay, I'm out of ideas now lol)

What do you guys think?

Also.....
Spoiler:
TDG

Post by TDG »

Oh that is cool looking.

Eh I am not judging on giving the melee attack its own button and giving guns a secondary attack (where it is appropriate), do I do think it should be weapons where it makes sense that they have a secondary attack or an attachment for that. (a double barrel shotgun firing both barrels at once makes sense as a secondary attack)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Vostyok wrote:Although, if quick-melee had a seperate key, that means every gun could have an alt-fire, or at least *some* sort of secondary function. Aiming down sights with assault rifle? Double barrels with the double-barrel? Upgradeable laser dot sight for glock? Fancy trick twirls for the revolver? (okay, I'm out of ideas now lol)
That would be best because you get extra opportunity to interact with your weapon and could be a lot convenient when out of ammo, especially. Anyway i say aye!
Spoiler:
Looks amazing nonetheless. This means something... Sneaky, Unexpected!
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Vostyok wrote:Yeah, I thought about this. It would mean adding an extra control key though, which some people might disaprove of. Ashes uses more than Doom 2 as it is :(

Although, if quick-melee had a seperate key, that means every gun could have an alt-fire, or at least *some* sort of secondary function. Aiming down sights with assault rifle? Double barrels with the double-barrel? Upgradeable laser dot sight for glock? Fancy trick twirls for the revolver? (okay, I'm out of ideas now lol)
What about weapon user states (also additional keys, I know)? Personally, I use a 5 button mouse. If there are any additional functions, I usually bind them to the thumb buttons - but that's just me. For WASD-players, there's also Q and F in finger range and you can make standard bindings. I too like the two-button-only thinking - tried to experiment with key-combos in Super Spy Doom myself, though I don't think that kinda shit will work for Ashes. Hmmm... :| dunno.

Anyways, excited for Ep. 2! :)
Gzegzolka

Post by Gzegzolka »

EP2 screenshoot looks bit raw, but I know it is work in progress :) I like idea for secondary fire button as long as it would be something cool :)
RTheM

Post by RTheM »

Vostyok wrote:Yeah, I thought about this. It would mean adding an extra control key though, which some people might disaprove of. Ashes uses more than Doom 2 as it is :(

Have the Revolver secondary be Scavenger really rapidly fanning the revolver, unloading the entirety of the cylinder in seconds if you hold the secondary fire. It causes more damage (because Rule Of Cool) but it's really inaccurate outside of point-blank range. Secondary fire is the fire state selector for the Glock, semi-auto default and rapid three shot burst. Assault rifle secondary, Duke Mighty Foot kick or an under-barrel grenade launcher that feeds on pipe-bomb ammo, and pipe-bombs fired by the grenade launcher detonate on impact like old pipe-bombs?
thedeathrunner123
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

RTheM wrote:

Have the Revolver secondary be Scavenger really rapidly fanning the revolver, unloading the entirety of the cylinder in seconds if you hold the secondary fire. It causes more damage (because Rule Of Cool) but it's really inaccurate outside of point-blank range. Secondary fire is the fire state selector for the Glock, semi-auto default and rapid three shot burst. Assault rifle secondary, Duke Mighty Foot kick or an under-barrel grenade launcher that feeds on pipe-bomb ammo, and pipe-bombs fired by the grenade launcher detonate on impact like old pipe-bombs?
That all sounds like it would work really well, especially the grenade launcher.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

I'm not sure I'll go that much in depth with it. A couple of weapons may get extra functionality with upgrades, but I'm quite happy with current load-out. Just tweaks here and there, but I'll add some new fire modes and a different knife key at the end if I've got time, see how it works.

Also, I know I said I'd post nothing else, but I want to know what you think. The City during a... 'nice' day (just don't forget your rad pills anyway):
Spoiler:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”