Have you ever dealt with a stalker?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
crazyflyingdonut
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Have you ever dealt with a stalker?

Post by crazyflyingdonut »

Has anyone here ever dealt with a stalker? I was watching a video on YouTube the other day about stalkers... it makes me wonder if it's more common than I think.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Have you ever dealt with a stalker?

Post by wildweasel »

I've known people who have. It's dangerous as hell on the internet, especially if someone decides to doxx you. Then it's not just one stalker, it's tons of them, and they don't care what kind of damage they're doing.

It's why you should be careful how much personal info you put out there.
crazyflyingdonut
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by crazyflyingdonut »

wildweasel wrote:I've known people who have. It's dangerous as hell on the internet, especially if someone decides to doxx you. Then it's not just one stalker, it's tons of them, and they don't care what kind of damage they're doing.

Cause once you tell people your home address, you're done.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

crazyflyingdonut wrote:
wildweasel wrote:I've known people who have. It's dangerous as hell on the internet, especially if someone decides to doxx you. Then it's not just one stalker, it's tons of them, and they don't care what kind of damage they're doing.

Cause once you tell people your home address, you're done.
Maybe not even that. If they know your real name and have a vague location like a home state, the door is potentially open to finding more information. In some cases, all it took was knowing an email address.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

my brother had a teenage girl stalk him for a short period when his band received some short-lived fame on TV and Facebook. most of the time, he wasn't home when she arrived, leaving me to deal with the aftermath of it most of the time. put simply, it was not pleasant to deal with, even if this was just a case of blind fangirl-ism with no malicious intentions against him. after that experience, i try to be more careful with what i myself put out.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

crazyflyingdonut wrote:
Could you elaborate, please? Specifically, the part where you had to deal with the aftermath.
I would be careful about asking for details on things like this. You may be diving deeper than you need to, or in the worst case scenario, dragging up long-buried trauma.

(Edit) I've made a mistake and accidentally deleted the post that this is in reply to, thanks to misunderstanding how the Disapprove button works. My apologies for the error.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it's fine. the stalking stopped after their fame fizzled out, that's all i'll elaborate on.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

[after I realize that this is not S.T.A.L.K.E.R. topic]

Depending of what meaning you put in the word stalker.
Because you can be named stalker even if you just check what going on with you first love from the school using facebook/instagram/what there are now popular, I dont know, say once in the week.

But in any cases, there are plenty of them. And nowaday internet addiction of everything and everyone make it only easier.
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

I wasn't planning on posting today, but since I saw this, yes. I had a girl stalk me for several months after we broke up. And it was and is still scary and can effect alot of judgement calls. And I could have dealt better, but I didn't, and it cost me a job and alot of money. But in the other hand, the best things that have come into my life have happened as a result of the people I met in situations I put myself in to escape her, so it paid off. Just goes to show that everything can have something good.

More relevant to your questions, she would harass my friends, follow me home from work, and send letters threatening suicide, and threaten to mention me in it if I didn't come back to her. And I wasn't even famous.

Return to “Off-Topic”