DeHackEd Turret not Working in GZDoom

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
odysseyofnoises1

DeHackEd Turret not Working in GZDoom

Post by odysseyofnoises1 »

I made a turret that relies on monster infighting, but it doesn't seem to be working in ZDoom-based ports. It's not letting me attach any files, so I'll just have to describe it. The way it works is this: A target object fires once at the turret, which causes the turret to fire in the direction of that aggressor, and since the target is not shootable, the turret will shoot forever. In ZDoom ports, the turret just fires at me, so why doesn't the infighting work properly? I'm stumped because everything works beautifully in vanilla and boom ports. Perhaps there's a compatibility flag I can set in MAPINFO to make infighting work the same way as in vanilla? If not, then what's the simplest way of fixing this, preferably without having to use DECORATE, since ZDaemon doesn't support that, and I need this to work there too.
odysseyofnoises1

Re: DeHackEd Turret not Working in GZDoom

Post by odysseyofnoises1 »

Never mind -- I have solved the problem. I realized that, in order for a monster to attack another, the target must have the "shootable" flag enabled, which I did not have previously. My solution now works with just about every source port in existence. I guess I just figured I'd post this reply in case anyone ever needs this information.

Return to “Mapping”