[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

Mackery

Re: [v1.8.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Mackery »

CanisLaticanis wrote:Honestly I feel like the SSG needs a beefier sound, if nothing else. And maybe a new sprite.

Also, found another bug: the nailgun mode on the SMGs doesn't respect your vertical aim angle - if I look up it still shoots horizontal.
This may be an engine limit, but when I shoot nails at doors, the nails "float" on the door when the door opens. I have seen this with other mods with "nailgun" weapons so I might be wrong.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

Mackery wrote:
CanisLaticanis wrote:Honestly I feel like the SSG needs a beefier sound, if nothing else. And maybe a new sprite.

Also, found another bug: the nailgun mode on the SMGs doesn't respect your vertical aim angle - if I look up it still shoots horizontal.
This may be an engine limit, but when I shoot nails at doors, the nails "float" on the door when the door opens. I have seen this with other mods with "nailgun" weapons so I might be wrong.
I think it's the engine. It seems that no code for objects on moving map elements has been implemented yet...
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

Yeah, maybe I was a little harsh there. The SSG doesn't sucks that much, but would be subject of some improvements.

Just for reference, making it looks like the one in Old Blood would be cool :

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wol ... 0523013903
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

Stock-Doom wrote:

Yeah, maybe I was a little harsh there. The SSG doesn't sucks that much, but would be subject of some improvements.

Just for reference, making it looks like the one in Old Blood would be cool :

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wol ... 0523013903
Why does the TNO and OB Double Barreled Shotgun have a rifle bolt? I played both games and the bolt is never used in any way to open the barrels or to eject spent shells...
necronus25

Post by necronus25 »

Reloads with use dual weapons not working. Please fix it.
Ts879

Post by Ts879 »

How do you summon powerups with cheats?
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

necronus25 wrote:Reloads with use dual weapons not working. Please fix it.
The new system is that you hold the reload button and hit the fire button for the gun you want to reload; you can switch back to the old one in the options menu.

More bugs:
  • I'm not getting any pickup messages.
  • There's a black rectangle in the upper-left of the HUD (possibly related?).
  • The new vector-based HUD also very occasionally seems to 'spaz out', for lack of a better term, like one of the draw points is suddenly in the corner of the screen.
VecterStroke

Post by VecterStroke »

Could you post the older version links at the first post please.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Any chance of making this compatible with blade of agony?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Stock-Doom wrote:From all the weapons I tried, I found the SSG(Double Shotgun) to be the dumbest and dullest of them all.

The sprites clashes with the other ones, the damage spread don't do jack and compared to the GrimmHammer(Which I found to be powerful, fast and satisfying), it just looks and feels like crap.

Maybe the Dark Matter Gun should make a comeback and replaces this crappy weapon...
Mackery wrote:Maybe just improve the ssg? Add a Ricochet pellets/rifled slugs. How about Mouse 1 fires one barrel, and Mouse 2 fires both, and pressing "change firemode" will swap the ammo to ricochet pellets/rifled slugs/explosive buckshot.
I might go with Mackery's suggestion for the SSG, making it somewhat better with those extra ammo types.
Stock-Doom wrote:Just for reference, making it looks like the one in Old Blood would be cool
I once tried to make it look like the one from TNO/TOB but I kinda couldn't, probably because of the break-action part of the weapon, and the weapon's fire sound is beefy enough (hell, I even amplified the sound of Doom 2016's SSG for the thing).
CanisLaticanis wrote:More bugs:
I'm not getting any pickup messages.
There's a black rectangle in the upper-left of the HUD (possibly related?).
The new vector-based HUD also very occasionally seems to 'spaz out', for lack of a better term, like one of the draw points is suddenly in the corner of the screen.
That's a lot of HUD-based bugs. I'm thinking to make this more compatible with custom HUDs (Ultimate DoomVisor, for example) by adding number based indicators for stuff like Venom Gun heating.
VecterStroke wrote:Could you post the older version links at the first post please.
Just added the links for all previous version in both primary and alternative links!
armymen12002003 wrote:Any chance of making this compatible with blade of agony?
Cool idea, but compared to the realistic gameplay of BoA and the raw power-fantasy of a gameplay of this mod, I would have to balance the shit out of the mod to make it work properly.
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

For reference, I actually really like the vector-based HUD; it's really clean and smooth even at high resolutions. Ultimate DoomVisor compatibility wouldn't be a bad idea, but I'd prefer if it was done through a custom version of UDV to include all the nuance of the weapons (upgrade status, heat/recharge gauges, independent weapon ammo displays for dual/crosswield, etc).

On the SSG sound, it feels like it lacks bass kick for some reason, even compared to the Doom 2016 version. Maybe pitch-shift it down a bit? The idea for alternate ammos is nice, particularly since it lacks ADS at the moment.

On a different note, I think the SMG's view sprites could use improvement; they don't really look like the pickup sprite.

Any idea if we'll be getting a bugfix before the next update?
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Oh ok well hopefully we will be able to see a compatible version too
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

D3athStalker wrote:Cool idea, but compared to the realistic gameplay of BoA and the raw power-fantasy of a gameplay of this mod, I would have to balance the shit out of the mod to make it work properly.
Speaking of raw power-fantasy, what about compatibility with ZioMcCall's Brutal Wolfenstein? I realize that mod isn't exactly complete, not by the author's standards anyway, but I figure those maps would be a perfect fit for Doom Incarnate.
TheRealDuskie

Post by TheRealDuskie »

I made a trailer for this mod. You can watch it here.
https://youtu.be/Hki9Qvoweqo
VecterStroke

Post by VecterStroke »

Thanks for the links

Return to “Gameplay Mods”