Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MoonlightDragon

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.3

Post by MoonlightDragon »

I just recently discovered GS and GS2 and I've loved them so far,but Ive been having this issue where I cant talk to the shop keepers in GS2.Is the "Use" key not the binding for it???
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

MoonlightDragon wrote:I just recently discovered GS and GS2 and I've loved them so far,but Ive been having this issue where I cant talk to the shop keepers in GS2.Is the "Use" key not the binding for it???
It is the binding, are you running it on the correct version of Gzdoom?
MoonlightDragon

Batandy wrote:
MoonlightDragon wrote:I just recently discovered GS and GS2 and I've loved them so far,but Ive been having this issue where I cant talk to the shop keepers in GS2.Is the "Use" key not the binding for it???
Ah...I just noticed&remembered.Im running QzDoom instead since GZ crashed on me constantly.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

MoonlightDragon wrote:
Batandy wrote:
Ah...I just noticed&remembered.Im running QzDoom instead since GZ crashed on me constantly.
I've just downloaded QzDoom and tried it, i can talk to the npcs fine. Are you sure you bind the use key correctly? have you tried resetting the config just in case?
MoonlightDragon

@Batandy
Yeah I reset everything to default.Its strange.I can talk to the construction workers repairing the house,but not the shopkeepers or that female Cacodemon in the mansion
Randumb
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Randumb »

I found some more enemies that didn't receive their buff & new color in the third segment of Sweet Sugary Skies on Soaring Comet mode. Seems that the regular Doom monsters are having this problem...

Also, in the second segment of Overgrown Brambles, a Hornet is unreachable. (Placed under the entire floating area)
And in Cresent Moon Manor, a Dry Bone Revenant can walk off a cloud and end up in the 'death zone', permanently dying and getting back up.
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Played(v.1.3)and loved it :wub: ,but map24 and map37 just needs some optimiaztions,for me those 2 was most lagging maps,also pink music blocks is broken for me,for example the first one from Strawberry Fields,I tried to jump on it many times,but result was always same - I was getting only 2-3 coins in air and falling after picking them(wanted to add screenshot to show that,but it's crashing every time I try adding screenshot),and kinda weird that on the winter themed levels player having regular death instead of getting frozen,will be this fixed?Also maybe "fix" some pickup messages(adding a dot in the end of some messages and etc.)
Also few bugs
-Relic Ruins,Shrine of the Abyss having unreachable coins
-Enemies on few maps already appearing in damaging liquids
Still it will be cool to see sequel to this mod :)
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:Played(v.1.3)and loved it :wub: ,but map24 and map37 just needs some optimiaztions,for me those 2 was most lagging maps,also pink music blocks is broken for me,for example the first one from Strawberry Fields,I tried to jump on it many times,but result was always same - I was getting only 2-3 coins in air and falling after picking them(wanted to add screenshot to show that,but it's crashing every time I try adding screenshot),and kinda weird that on the winter themed levels player having regular death instead of getting frozen,will be this fixed?Also maybe "fix" some pickup messages(adding a dot in the end of some messages and etc.)
Also few bugs
-Relic Ruins,Shrine of the Abyss having unreachable coins
-Enemies on few maps already appearing in damaging liquids
Still it will be cool to see sequel to this mod :)
Thank you very much!
To fix the pink block issue you have to play with compatibility set to default/zdoom, which is the supported compatibility mode for the mod, it's really important as vanilla settings will make that kind of stuff break.
MAP24 and MAP37 are known to be a bit heavy on performance, i did my best to optimize them, but Gzdoom doesn't really like open world maps. Still, these maps tested on a 760 played at a minimum of 30 fps, which is bearable. If you're having problems, considering going in render settings and lowering the render scale to 0.75 or something like that, it will improve the framerate.
I didn't have any special deaths set up for this mod, so having a ice death out of nowhere would clash with the rest and force me to make other death states for fire, poison etc, which i think it's not a crucial feature.
Yeah, pickup messages are a bit inconsistent, i'll go back and check them.
Could you provide an example for the enemies already spawning in damaging liquids? otherwise it would be kinda hard for me to find them.
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Batandy wrote:an example for the enemies already spawning in damaging liquids? otherwise it would be kinda hard for me to find them.
This actually was my mistake,because on Moonlight Morass one of bee(or wasp,forgot their name)enemies was flying very close to that purple liquid and looks like he was flying down and got into that liquid
siealex

Post by siealex »

Also, in the second segment of Overgrown Brambles, a Hornet is unreachable. (Placed under the entire floating area)
Usually under, but sometimes above. This bug persists from v1.0.
Thanadrax

Post by Thanadrax »

Hello, I've just downloaded this mod and got to the desert episode. I got stuck after Sunset Silhouette. It seems by 100% walkthrough that there will be a road unlocked to the next level, but I have nothing. Is that a bug? If it is so, how can I fix it?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Thanadrax wrote:Hello, I've just downloaded this mod and got to the desert episode. I got stuck after Sunset Silhouette. It seems by 100% walkthrough that there will be a road unlocked to the next level, but I have nothing. Is that a bug? If it is so, how can I fix it?
Silhouette Sunset is a secret level and doesn't unlock any other level after that. You have to go back and clear the regular exit in the ghost house if you haven't done it.
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

Upon playing it again...Were some of the maps influenced by Super Mario World rom hacks, most notably Super Mario Lost Episodes?
Randumb
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Randumb »

Some coins in Relic Ruins and Shrine of the Abyss are unobtainable without cheats.

On an unrelated note, I completed everything I could on Soaring Comet with a score of 6,774,200! (Used cheats to find a Big Coin and to find a few of the remaining coins & an enemy; wouldn't of minded if they were disabled on Soaring Comet)

If you ever get some time to update this game, make sure you've looked at my earlier posts!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

salahmander2 wrote:Upon playing it again...Were some of the maps influenced by Super Mario World rom hacks, most notably Super Mario Lost Episodes?
Uh, nope. I don't play SMW rom hacks very often
Randumb wrote:Some coins in Relic Ruins and Shrine of the Abyss are unobtainable without cheats.

On an unrelated note, I completed everything I could on Soaring Comet with a score of 6,774,200! (Used cheats to find a Big Coin and to find a few of the remaining coins & an enemy; wouldn't of minded if they were disabled on Soaring Comet)

If you ever get some time to update this game, make sure you've looked at my earlier posts!
Thanks, and good job! :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”