Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

Re: Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Post by CeeJay »

Yeah. Dogs, and I mean dogs not bloody chihuahuas, can tear your freaking throat out. The positive side is that they're not too bright and there are a few tricks to dealing with aggresive dogs. To me it makes sense that they would deal a lot of damage in video games but also have low health.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Wiw wrote:they're just dogs!
They're Just dogs... Alright.

I mean this mod has Rottweiler and Shepherd, dogs that used by nazis during ww2. I don't think they have jelly jaw to just gnaw you. Shepherd has great body strength to drag you and vigialnt. and Rottweiler have big muscles and jaw and very, VERY fearless. Once it gone barking mad and bit you, you should expect some injuries and broken bones because it's this dangerous.

Otherwise, it's based on the damage they can cause in the reality. Also they're weak as well; Dogs can be stopped by few bullets.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Hm. That's what I was afraid of. ....they can break your bones?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Rottweiler bites with a force of 328 pounds, yet don't let go easily until it's withered. When it bites in the bare neck or limbs, the bones will damaged if didn't get it off quickly.

So... Yeah. I think some dogs with such strength can break your bones if you don't do anything quickly. But hey, i'm just glad this mod has no broken-bones effect on the player.
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

Sorry for the necropost, but i'd like to know the name of the WAD from the video on the first post.
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

camper

Post by camper »

Correctly, that some functions are outdated and when creating new similar mods, should we consider this mod (for education) with an caution?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

camper wrote:Correctly, that some functions are outdated and when creating new similar mods, should we consider this mod (for education) with an caution?
I assume you're asking if it's worth studying this mod to learn how to code. To which I'd reply, no, absolutely not. As time goes on and coding techniques get refined and evolved, mods like this are less worthwhile to use as guide posts. I have no delusions that I'm a good programmer, or teacher for that matter.

Basically, ask whatever questions you have in the Scripting forum and someone more qualified than me will probably have answers for you.
drsquid_101

Post by drsquid_101 »

Where do you put the tauntpacks in the folder to make them work, and do you leave them zipped or unzipped?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

drsquid_101 wrote:Where do you put the tauntpacks in the folder to make them work, and do you leave them zipped or unzipped?
In previous versions of the mod they needed to be downloaded separately and added to the load order like any other mod; at some point they were actually integrated into the main mod, however, and you only need to change the setting in the "Nazis Options" menu, with no need to load anything else.

I'm not sure how the "Custom" setting works, though. I wasn't the one to implement that one.
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

Is there a weapons only version of this?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Darman Macray wrote:Is there a weapons only version of this?
No. It defeats the point.
Sebrw

Post by Sebrw »

Great Mod WildWeasel ! One of my favorite so far! I'm playing it with EPIC2.WAD and it is well...epic :D
Worth a cacoward for me :wink:

Just 2 questions:
1- Is there a way to drop weapons? I would like to start game with custom weapon (like the colt M1911 instead of revolver). I can add the colt with give or summon in console but there's no way I can get rid of the revolver. It also seems that weapons given with "give" in console are not affected by the weapon switch (you can "console give" the K98 for example and then pickup the G43.

2- Can you provide the actor name for ammunition for me to be able to summon it in console? I found "clip" to be 9mm but I can't find the name for rifle ammunitions (Stg44/Enfield or G43/K98).

3- Just my opinion but you should allow SMG AND Shotguns. With only 1 handgun, 1 SMG, one rifle an one big weapon I have been out of ammunition several times in EPIC.WAD and had to shovel my way out :D (great fun anyway)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Sebrw wrote:Great Mod WildWeasel ! One of my favorite so far! I'm playing it with EPIC2.WAD and it is well...epic :D
Worth a cacoward for me :wink:

Just 2 questions:
1- Is there a way to drop weapons? I would like to start game with custom weapon (like the colt M1911 instead of revolver). I can add the colt with give or summon in console but there's no way I can get rid of the revolver. It also seems that weapons given with "give" in console are not affected by the weapon switch (you can "console give" the K98 for example and then pickup the G43.

2- Can you provide the actor name for ammunition for me to be able to summon it in console? I found "clip" to be 9mm but I can't find the name for rifle ammunitions (Stg44/Enfield or G43/K98).

3- Just my opinion but you should allow SMG AND Shotguns. With only 1 handgun, 1 SMG, one rifle an one big weapon I have been out of ammunition several times in EPIC.WAD and had to shovel my way out :D (great fun anyway)
1. I'm not really sure about the particulars of the swapping system; this was an addition written by somebody else, that I accepted rather hastily without paying much attention to how it all worked.

2. I don't actually remember them, sorry. You might be able to figure out which ones you need by typing PRINTINV in the console while you have some of that ammo.

3. Honestly I'm not wholly satisfied with how the swapping system's categories are set up either, but I've never really felt like spending the time to go change it, personal commitments being what they are. :shrug:
Sebrw

Post by Sebrw »

I just actually found it exploring the pk3 :-)
For those interested, the format is just xxxammo where xxx is 9mm/45acp/3006 etc...
Example: summon 3006ammo will summon a 8 round clip for M1 garand or summon 3006ammobox will give a 20 rounds box of the same caliber.

Any chance to have a Nazi_v3 with some improvement? I would love to have some iron sights :D

The swap system is actually pretty good and avoid to get 3 rifles + 3 handguns + 3 SMG etc... Less cumbersome and add a touch of realism. But shotgun and SMG are really 2 different classes and it would be great to carry both.

Thanks for your answer!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”