[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

Stock-Doom

Re: [v1.8.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Stock-Doom »

Oh hey, what an excellent mod!

Upgrades, a plethora of weapons, even the freaking contraptions from Wolfenstein : New Colossus...

It's quite rare to see a complex mod like this, with also the modern FPS effects and sparkles we expect today.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But, I noticed a few things and possibly bugs :

Where's the vest that allowed you to get smaller? Was it useless or..?

The ParaTrooper Rifle don't make a sound when I zoom-in with the alt mode.

Just an opinion, but although I liked the gun that replaced the Gatling Gun, it looks a little crusty, especially when I right-click zoom with the ironsight.

Otherwise, it's a splendid mod!
Last edited by Stock-Doom on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

Gideon020 wrote:Hilarious little bug; on the newest devbuild this causes the binary choice options to become reversed. Yes becomes No and such.
Well, it's because one of the MENUINFO commands override the default (YES/NO) menu text.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Where's the vest that allowed you to get smaller? Was it useless or..?
That one was pretty useless and not working well, so I replaced it with another contraption that enhances the melee attacks.
The ParaTrooper Rifle don't make a sound when I zoom-in with the alt mode.
Paratrooper's scope sound had the same sound of Plasma Rifle's scope and I replaced Plasma Rifle's "scope" with an ADS and removed that scope sound effect. So yeah, that's another bug.
Stock-Doom wrote:Just an opinion, but although I liked the gun that replaced the Gatling Gun, it looks a little crusty, especially when I right-click zoom with the ironsight.
Yeah, I'm not that good at making frankensprites and I have a tendency to abuse the contrast feature of GIMP :P
mutator

Post by mutator »

this mod is pretty complete from the way it looks but are you planning to add anything new into it?
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

mutator wrote:this mod is pretty complete from the way it looks but are you planning to add anything new into it?
I would love it if they made added a monsters pack to it, like Nazis themed, like the 1960 era wolfenstein (the new order, old blood, and new colossus) with cyborgs, robodogs?
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Mackery wrote:
mutator wrote:this mod is pretty complete from the way it looks but are you planning to add anything new into it?
I would love it if they made added a monsters pack to it, like Nazis themed, like the 1960 era wolfenstein (the new order, old blood, and new colossus) with cyborgs, robodogs?
Kriegsland comes with a "monsters only" option for such a thing.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=57053
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

I don't know really. I'm thinking to add custom HUD compatibility to the game and fixing the bugs mentioned for the next update but other than that, not much comes to my mind.

I was thinking to add heavy weapons that can't be dual wielded (Similar to MGs in TNO, the Gewehrs in TNC or the minigun in Bulletstorm) and are used as "disposable" weapons that are thrown away when their ammo is depleted, but I've already added Ubergewehr and Lasergewehr to the game and I personally don't want to nerf them.

Or maybe replace their positions as BFG replacements with Wolf 2009's less powerful Tesla Gun and Leichenfaust and transfering the Uber and Laser to the "disposable" weapon category.
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

D3athStalker wrote:
I don't know really. I'm thinking to add custom HUD compatibility to the game and fixing the bugs mentioned for the next update but other than that, not much comes to my mind.

I was thinking to add heavy weapons that can't be dual wielded (Similar to MGs in TNO, the Gewehrs in TNC or the minigun in Bulletstorm) and are used as "disposable" weapons that are thrown away when their ammo is depleted, but I've already added Ubergewehr and Lasergewehr to the game and I personally don't want to nerf them.

Or maybe replace their positions as BFG replacements with Wolf 2009's less powerful Tesla Gun and Leichenfaust and transfering the Uber and Laser to the "disposable" weapon category.
Maybe you'd consider secret old WWII weapons from the allied side for an optional Addon? Like M1911A1s, or Karabiner 98k bolt-actions? I could try searching for adequate sprites to lighten the load.
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

Here's one I found on the spriting carnival

https://imgur.com/gallery/aLsmecy
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

A couple bugs that I confirmed via Kinse's testmap:
  • Disabling Venom Gun drops doesn't actually stop it or its ammo from spawning.
  • Setting the rocket launcher replacement to 'Kampfpistole only' doesn't stop Napalm ammo from spawning.
  • Setting the rocket launcher replacement to 'NKW only' causes rocket ammo pickups to only spawn Kampfpistole slugs.
EDIT: As for the 'make the Ubergewehr and Lasergewehr disposable weapons', if you go that route I'd like to see a toggle to allow you to carry them again. Though the Leichenfaust is one of my favorite guns from Wolfenstein 2009, it won't exactly have the same 'punch' in Doom - it was awesome because it made Nazis evaporate and canceled gravity for a bit.

EDIT 2: Also, could you make the crosshairs on the Plasma Rifle's ADS more visible? They're really hard to see against dark backgrounds.
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

Are we going to ever get the Railgun or the Dark Matter Gun back? I simply feel that Doom Incarnate is the kind of weapon mod that gives players an arsenal that makes on feel like it's Russian Overkill or more appropriately Trailblazer with its rather mighty weaponry and some exciting upgrades and secondary firemodes for nearly all weapons. Which makes it great to play on slaughter-style maps. And I bet that this mod would continue to excel with an even further expanded arsenal of Wolfenstein-themed weaponry.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

Okay, I have a suggestion for something that bothered me for a while :

From all the weapons I tried, I found the SSG(Double Shotgun) to be the dumbest and dullest of them all.

The sprites clashes with the other ones, the damage spread don't do jack and compared to the GrimmHammer(Which I found to be powerful, fast and satisfying), it just looks and feels like crap.

Maybe the Dark Matter Gun should make a comeback and replaces this crappy weapon...

Just for insights, I'm not forcing you to do anything nor I'm lecturing you, It's just how I feel about this particular weapon.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

i for one love the ssg so i say keep the ssg
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

Maybe just improve the ssg? Add a Ricochet pellets/rifled slugs. How about Mouse 1 fires one barrel, and Mouse 2 fires both, and pressing "change firemode" will swap the ammo to ricochet pellets/rifled slugs/explosive buckshot.
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Honestly I feel like the SSG needs a beefier sound, if nothing else. And maybe a new sprite.

Also, found another bug: the nailgun mode on the SMGs doesn't respect your vertical aim angle - if I look up it still shoots horizontal.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”