Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
gennoveus

Re: (RELEASE) Ashes 2063 TC - Episode One (Pg 54)

Post by gennoveus »

Just wanted to pop in and say that Ashes 2063 was amazing; you've done such a great job. I just finished the first episode and I can't wait to see what's next. Thank you for the hours of entertainment - BTW my wife is an even bigger fan of your work than I am! So again a big thank you from us. Have a good one!
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

I think it was obvious Icarus was gonna cover, since it released last sunday.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

if you dont mind me asking, hows that weapons only version coming about? any planned date for it to release?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Aw, thanks for sharing that dude!

The response to this has been amazing, I can't believe it's been so successful. I'm so happy to be part of such an awesome community! :D

Just finishing off some bits and bobs and the bug fix for the episode one packs. But there's a hell of a lot that can be improved. Got quite a few ideas for the next episode, so watch this space.

And keep those suggestions coming in! Could not have got this far without all the feedback.

Edit: Sorry, that was meant for QuakeDoomNukem. As it just so happens, I have one right here. I've left the BFG in, in case you need the firepower. In future updates, I might put the grenade launcher, colt .45 and AR15 from the alpha (with slightly updated code and sprites) in, so you guys don't feel so bad about the lack of a super weapon.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6d21bma4p ... nsPack.pk3

This is a clean version and should work with most maps. Some bugs might remain, but I'm juggling tasks at the moment. Let me know if anything major. And of course, it should work with CaptainJ's sound pack. Feel free to make any modifications to the code, as you see fit.
thedeathrunner123
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - (Release Ep1 Pg 54) Weapon pack V1.0

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

Nice. also this gives serious fallout x shadow warrior vibes to me... anyone else? 🤔
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Really liking the weapon pack! Although there are a couple things I'd like to see, personally

-I'd like to see the 9mm automatic in there, maybe alongside the backpack, or replacing the automap.

-I'd also love to see those 3 weapons you mentioned, with the grenade launcher replacing the BFG, I assume.

But yeah!! Great job on the whole mod! Can't wait to see more!
Chucklemaster

Post by Chucklemaster »

Love the mod! Would it be possible to get an enemies only pack? These post-apocalyptic enemies would work great on a variety of maps, and some people might want to try the map with the enemies but different guns.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Oops. I forgot about that sneaky Glock.

Yeah, if people enjoy the weapons I'll add a few balance tweaks and some extra goodies. Backpack idea is a good one. Might have to avoid monster-specific drops in future. Maybe have randomspawners.

Hmm....
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Question: would you be ok if I made maps using your resources? Of course, the original mod files would be required to play the maps.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Wivicer wrote:Question: would you be ok if I made maps using your resources? Of course, the original mod files would be required to play the maps.
Go for it buddy! Let me know by PM if you need any help or want to make an official release. I'm always a sucker for DLC.

The radiation script is included with footnotes inside each map's script, if you want to use that too.
Stekzzzzz

Post by Stekzzzzz »

Man this is great. Can't wait for more of this.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

thedeathrunner123 wrote:Nice. also this gives serious fallout x shadow warrior vibes to me... anyone else? 🤔
Basically every notable asset from the good old blood dn3d sw rr etc gives me the appropriate vibe.
Moreover, there were some Build games (Redneck Rampage, Shadow Warrior, Blood etc.) and every game had unique atmosphere (rural, japanese, gloomy), and this mod is like just one another game to that list of classic ones, with post-nuclear atmosphere.

@Vostyok Thanks mate for not disappointing us all! When I played 2 levels of demo, I hardly believed it will be as good in full version as it was in demo, but it is even better. I hesitated thinking of what mod should get caco-award, but now I'm absolutely sure.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Super-Duper Congrats with the Icarus reviewing your mod!!! Now that's an honour! I knew he would notice this good mod. Really, really brilliant work and i hope we can see Episode 2 in a right time.
Burly Jim

Post by Burly Jim »

Hey, thanks for making this! I'm really enjoying it so far.
By the way, in the level 2 women's bathroom, there's an area on the side that you can get into (by jumping on a toilet) but you can't get out of, and there doesn't seem to be a secret there. Thought I'd mention it.
JMP-Jack

Post by JMP-Jack »

Yes! Finally! I love this total conversion!
I have a question: how to increase the motorcycle speed? I use "nashmove" (less slippery movement) and works perfectly, but the motorcycle speed is too low. I've already solved this problem in "the trailblazer" but I can't figure how to solve in this tc.
If it works I'll post the nashmove Ashes Adaptation, it might be useful...
Thank you.
Last edited by JMP-Jack on Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”