Anyone here play Quake Champions?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Anyone here play Quake Champions?

Post by R4L »

Enjay wrote:I haven't played it but there is something in the video that I have noticed with lots of games since the mid 2000s. I experienced it with Doom3, the later UTs etc etc. and much newer games too - I can see it in vids of Doom 2016, for example.

Problem is, I don't quite know how to explain it. There is a sort of... I dunno, "sloppy-ness" to the mouselook and player controls. "Sloppy-ness" is too harsh but it's all I can come up with. There seems to be a lack of directness or immediacy to the controls, particularly mlook these days. It's almost as if they are trying to give your head/viewpoint a feeling of inertia or something. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
I have this problem with CS:GO. Some days it seems worse than others, but it's always like I can't be precise with my aim. Since I saw V-Sync mentioned earlier, I might try turning it off (it's currently set to triple buffered).
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Death Knight (from Quake 1) is amazing! I miss the double jump from DoomGuy, but his 3-fireball Flame Strike special move that he does with his sword (like in Quake 1) is way too awesome. I use it as a finisher all the time, or when they want to 3-way jump me in a small room... bam... Triple Kill. He's become my new primary character to play as. lol
Medicris

Post by Medicris »

Well, huge update the other day. Since it really is free to play now and there's a lot of content in the patch, now's a good time to jump in and try it.
The announcement and the patch notes.

Sure runs a lot better than it did in early access, too. I think it's ready for prime time.

Also yes, in any arena shooter, vsync off is a must or you will be fighting with mouse latency.
kodi

Post by kodi »

I like that you can queue DM while in a party now.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I just wish there was more maps. I do my daily's and then stop, because I'm bored of these maps. Unreal Tournament 2004 had like 90 maps on install from the CD, if not more. lol

Also, they released The Longest Yard map the same day Burt Reynolds died...
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Video of the Quake III Arena map Q3DM17 "The Longest Yard" they just added. Just short sweet video of me messing around with dumb bots.

7.62x39

Post by 7.62x39 »

Never tried it but not liking the idea of Bethesda account and some people say it's P2W... :(
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

7.62x39 wrote:Never tried it but not liking the idea of Bethesda account and some people say it's P2W... :(

How is it P2W? Other than being able to buy Champions, it's literally Quake III: Arena. If you buy the Champions Pack (which is the same price Quake III: Arena was in stores, or cheaper) you unlock all of them.
7.62x39

Post by 7.62x39 »

RexS wrote:
7.62x39 wrote:Never tried it but not liking the idea of Bethesda account and some people say it's P2W... :(

How is it P2W? Other than being able to buy Champions, it's literally Quake III: Arena. If you buy the Champions Pack (which is the same price Quake III: Arena was in stores, or cheaper) you unlock all of them.

I don't know dude. I only read few comments about it. :)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

7.62x39 wrote:
RexS wrote:

I don't know dude. I only read few comments about it. :)
Word. Love the name, by the way. lol
7.62x39

Post by 7.62x39 »

RexS wrote:Word. Love the name, by the way. lol
What? My name? LOL...
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

7.62x39 wrote:
What? My name? LOL...
Yes sir. One of my favorite cartridges on Earth, 3rd only to the .300 AAC Blackout and 12 Gauge shell (not sure if this one counts, since there is like 8,000 types of shells in 12 gauge. LOL.)

As for Quake Champions, I've recorded a few more videos... but my bandwidth is awful and I rarely upload anything. I guess if I get something cool I could upload.

OR!!!! If anyone on Z-Doom that plays wanted to add me on Steam, we could all do a game sometime and I could record that. I record in 3840x2160 (4K) but I usually downscale to 1920x1080 on final render in Premiere because of previously mentioned garbage upload speeds.
7.62x39

Post by 7.62x39 »

RexS wrote:
7.62x39 wrote:
What? My name? LOL...
Yes sir. One of my favorite cartridges on Earth, 3rd only to the .300 AAC Blackout and 12 Gauge shell (not sure if this one counts, since there is like 8,000 types of shells in 12 gauge. LOL.)
Thanks... :D

AK-47 :wub: is my service rifle when i was in military... :geek:

Return to “Off-Topic”