Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[7/18/2017]

Post by wildweasel »

Command0 wrote:What version of Gzdoom works best?
Under 99% of circumstances, "the current version" is your answer. If, for some reason, that doesn't end up being the case, feel free to report obvious errors to the project author.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Current still refers to the SVN builds, right?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

xenoxols wrote:Current still refers to the SVN builds, right?
Nowadays it's more advisable that you use the latest stable version off zdoom.org - dev builds are bleeding-edge and often contain code that is still being tested and may be subject to change.
beanz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[7/18/2017]

Post by beanz »

Just found this mod on a recommendation from a friend. Having a lot of fun with it. I'm wondering if you would mind me releasing a slightly modified version that changes the way a few weapons behave, primarily implementing manual lever actions.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Feel free to release it.
Futz Handango

Post by Futz Handango »

Hi man, I made a small edit of my own that removes the monsters so you can play it with custom enemies and gore, It works with everything I tested so far. It also turns the custom explosive barrels back to vanilla.

I also took the liberty of re adding the mousers from the code as a chainsaw pickup, but since I have 0 experience with SLADE or coding in general this was at the expense of the colt pickup, that does not appear anymore since vanilla zombiemen only drop clips and I had no idea how to make them drop pistols, so I just duct taped the dual revolvers as a starter weapon along with the default revolver.
This is a horrifying hatchet job and for that I apologize.

https://mega.nz/#!PiJ30Y4B!X8HF30asSnJL ... n_6egoOCKo
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

I really like this mod! Having human and occult enemies is quite a hoot! Any plans on doing new map textures to bring to life the complete gunslinger experience?
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

Is there a Guns/items only version yet?
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Darman Macray wrote:Is there a Guns/items only version yet?
Dude, look at the post right above your first one
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

Whoah wrote:
Darman Macray wrote:Is there a Guns/items only version yet?
Dude, look at the post right above your first one
Neat! Thanks!
hallis

Post by hallis »

Futz Handango wrote:Hi man, I made a small edit of my own that removes the monsters so you can play it with custom enemies and gore, It works with everything I tested so far. It also turns the custom explosive barrels back to vanilla.

I also took the liberty of re adding the mousers from the code as a chainsaw pickup, but since I have 0 experience with SLADE or coding in general this was at the expense of the colt pickup, that does not appear anymore since vanilla zombiemen only drop clips and I had no idea how to make them drop pistols, so I just duct taped the dual revolvers as a starter weapon along with the default revolver.
This is a horrifying hatchet job and for that I apologize.

https://mega.nz/#!PiJ30Y4B!X8HF30asSnJL ... n_6egoOCKo
Thanks for adding the mausers! I've got a C96. If it weren't for the fact that the rifling was shot out of it long before I got it i'd probably shoot it all the time.

Also. (and I apologize for not going through all of the prior pages) But why was the lever action rifle animation changed? I think it was more realistic in 1.0 where there was a *bang* then work the action. Now it seems like it's almost instant making it, for me, a little too rapid fire. I mean he's not Chuck Connors. wait... or is he?
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

I've always been a sucker for Wild West themed stuff. I might be wrong, but I think I remember downloading an older version of this mod to anticipate the release of High Noon Drifter years ago. I am happy to say that the latest version of this mod is fantastic, and definitely stands out on its own.
The feeling of the six-shooters is perfect, the thunderous gunshot sound, pinpoint accuracy and the ability to fan the hammer makes you feel like the Grim Reaper as played by Clint Eastwood. All of the weapons feel very satisfying to use, and while the arsenal is a bit more limited compared to other mods, you have more than enough to deal with whatever is thrown at you if you use everything at your disposal and chuck dynamite to vaporise larger enemies whenever it comes off cooldown. This mod gives Doom an edge, a real feeling of fast snappiness and immediacy, interspersed with quiet, anticipatory periods while you are reloading your guns before jumping out and trying to get 12 kills with all 12 shots in under 3 seconds - it gives a rush like nothing I've experienced in quite some time. This mod was also the most fun I've had playing the western themed levelset, The Magnificent Five - a match made in heaven.
I've had this mod downloaded for less than a week and have only enjoyed this mod more and more playing it. Thank you for stoking the spirit of the split-second crackshot cowboy legend in me.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

I live again! Turns out I'm a girl, so you play as one now.
New update, with a tesla gun, and a new cannon, and various other changes.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

OH MY GOD

YOU'RE BACK

okay, so:

I don't want to be the party pooper, but i've downloaded the file and there is no Tesla Gun inside. I clicked the link in the main page, so i hope i haven't missed anything obvious.
xenoxols

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Post by xenoxols »

Oops, should be fixed now.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”