Non-free-Doom only filter?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Non-free-Doom only filter?

Post by Matt »

Is there any way to set up something like a filter that only loads lumps if a Doom IWAD other than Freedoom is used? I'm trying to weed out all the non-free derivative sprites and whatnot (sprite alignment fixes, slight aesthetic adjustments, etc.) in my mod that only make sense in the id games.

(Conversely: is there a filter that can work for both Doom1 and Freedoom Phase 1?)
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Non-free-Doom only filter?

Post by Caligari87 »

Have you looked at [wiki]Lump_filtering[/wiki] on the wiki? I think that's describing what you want. what am I talkign about, of course you have. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question?

EDIT: Ah, I think I see the problem. You can't define both "filters/doom" (any doom game) and "filters/doom.freedoom" (freedoom only) without both being loaded at once, right?

8-)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Non-free-Doom only filter?

Post by Matt »

Yeah, at this point my only option appears to be to set a whole bunch of extra stuff in the Freedoom filter to override the Doom stuff.

I might just end up using a script for my parenthetical question. the script would be longer than just copying the TEXTURES and ANIMDEFs twice, lol

EDIT: I think I misread Caligari's response.

What I'm trying to do is have a "doom" filter that applies to UD, D2, Plut and TNT, but not to FreedoomP1/P2/FreeDM.

A filter liket his would contain things like realigned weapon sprites and edits and TEXTURES alterations (e.g., HD's player and zombies shouldering their weapons when firing instead of firing from the hip, as well as some weapon HUD sprites to make the HD player consistently left-handed) that would not work at all if they appeared in Freedoom.

The only way I seem to be able to do this is to put all the id-Doom-only stuff into a folder and include four copies of it one in each of the UD/D2/Plut/TNT-specific filters or at least 2 copies in doom.doom1 and doom.doom2.

I'll try to see if there's any reasonably non-gross-hacky way to do this before I make a feature suggestion.

Return to “Scripting”