Native Support for Master Levels Menu Interface in GZdoom

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Native Support for Master Levels Menu Interface in GZdoom

Post by Guest »

Can native support for the Master Levels Menu Interface below be added to GZdoom or can ZDMLMENU.pk3 itself at least be selectable in the IWAD selection menu?

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/utils ... s/zdmlmenu

The Master Levels collection is technically an official ID Software release from back in the day. Right now, the WADs from this collection have to be loaded individually, although they had an official menu with which to load them. I am sure this interface's author would have no problem with GZdoom including it, provided you guys ask him.
Gez

Re: Native Support for Master Levels Menu Interface in GZdoo

Post by Gez »

GZDoom has native support for this mod in so far as this mod was created for ZDoom in the first place.

Adding ZDMLMENU in the IWAD selection menu would not make sense because it's not an IWAD -- it contains only the levels a few sky textures; most of the data the game needs to work is not found.

If you want to always load it, you can do so with an Autoload section in your GZDoom-user.ini file.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

And, in addition, GZDoom now has the ability to recognise custom IWADs that have been set up to work with it without the IWAD being explicitly supported via the GZDoom source.

So, even if the menu was an IWAD (which, obviously, it isn't), there would be no need to add it provided Zippy was happy for it to be altered to work as an autodetected IWAD.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Also JPL's WadSmoosh tool will detect your master levels and compile them for you into an episode. Granted there's no menu, but you can flip through them easily by binding any one of your keys to the "special exit_normal" ccmd.

I am not sure how Graf feels about this but I think it's been brought up before and he's rejected it.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Since we now have custom IWAD detection and it isn't too hard to configure this to be detected my opinion is not to add any more files to the internal IWAD detection.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”