Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.4 OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheLemonLimeBrony

Re: Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.3 OUT!]

Post by TheLemonLimeBrony »

Batandy wrote:
TheLemonLimeBrony wrote:you do realize this means "What is man? A miserable ball of secrets"
pĭla,ae does mean ball, but there's also pīla,ae which means pillar.
I could've used cumulus,i if i wanted something more accurate, but i chose pīla to make the easter egg understandable for people who don't know latin.
okay, my mom's a latin teacher, and I took Latin as well, so I just got confused
RustyController

Post by RustyController »

Beautiful awsome bump maps! ... but still no map pack for us who wish to play this with GMOTA q_q
Roarke

Post by Roarke »

I cannot choose the knife when i use 1 on keyboard or use mouse wheel.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Roarke wrote:I cannot choose the knife when i use 1 on keyboard or use mouse wheel.
You have to bind "Secondary Fire", since in the source game, they are "Subweapons", on actual weapons, like the whip.
Roarke

Post by Roarke »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:
Roarke wrote:I cannot choose the knife when i use 1 on keyboard or use mouse wheel.
You have to bind "Secondary Fire", since in the source game, they are "Subweapons", on actual weapons, like the whip.
Thank you. Done.
JohnVyttalRay

Post by JohnVyttalRay »

I know I have already asked that in youtube, but for any reason, I'm using GzDoom 3.5.0 and Simon's Destiny 1.3, but there's no bumpmaps in my game. Plus, this happens in my game:

Well, not only it's ugly as heck, but it completely ruins the secret for me since I know where there will be breakable walls, weirdly though, this didn't use to happen to me when playing Simon's Destiny 1.2, so I really don't know what have happenned or what I've done since even in default settings this "darker breakable wall" thing happens.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

JohnVyttalRay wrote:I know I have already asked that in youtube, but for any reason, I'm using GzDoom 3.5.0 and Simon's Destiny 1.3, but there's no bumpmaps in my game. Plus, this happens in my game:

Well, not only it's ugly as heck, but it completely ruins the secret for me since I know where there will be breakable walls, weirdly though, this didn't use to happen to me when playing Simon's Destiny 1.2, so I really don't know what have happenned or what I've done since even in default settings this "darker breakable wall" thing happens.
From what i see you are displaying the bumpmaps correctly, speculars are also working fine.
The reasons blocks are darker is because they don't have bumpmaps, i've actually chose to make them like this to give the players more clues for the wall meat (considering in some streams i've seen people skipping blocks which i thought were very obvious, including all the grand cross blocks).
JohnVyttalRay

Post by JohnVyttalRay »

Oh well, I don't know to much about bumpmaps, so I thought it wasn't working, thanks for clearing that! :)
And about the breakable walls thing, I don't know in what conditions those streamers didn't find the breakable walls, but imo, it wasn't that hard to find it, even if they had the same color as the normal ones, since they had cracks on it, I just needed to pay attention to every block I saw. While dong this was kinda boring, I felt rewarded for not having to start everything again. Well, again, I don't know in what conditions those streamers didn't find the breakable walls, but maybe the lack of knowledge of such "mechanic" being present in this mod, was one of the reasons they didn't find it, well, Idk and I may be wrong. Maybe a solution for this would be making those blocks less darker, so they aren't that obvious but something that is different from the normal blocks (I know the breakable walls had cracks before, but a different color tone takes your attention more than cracks). Well, I only find the grand cross block only in the 1st level, even when playing 1.3 (even though I only went to level 4 so far), I don't know if the other ones are like these, but hardly someone's going to look at the ceiling and find that Level 1's Grand Cross, I'm not saying it's too hard to find, (because well, they should since they kill every enemy in the room) I'm trying to say that, at least in the Grand Cross example, not adding bumpmaps won't change anything (at least for me in the levels 1-3, since I don't know if other people could find those easier than me).

Plus, I know this kinda doesn't apply to this subject, but since I've already done a post: Simon and Richter in Smash are really cool, right?
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

Gotta say, loved this mod for the most part, aside from the final stretch of Stage 5. It felt a little unfair being hit by medusa heads on two sides when I'm busy focusing on one and can't see the other.

Also, I think the "All Clear" theme you chose is a little low quality compared to the other tracks you used. Castlevania Judgment has a pretty good version of the jingle in question though you might want to update the mod with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e88oUNjDgzg

Just a thought. :)
ChamiChameleon

Post by ChamiChameleon »

I would like to add intensity to my adventure and I know how. Using other Castlevania Music Tracks instead of the default or classic ones. For example, I would use "Vampire Killer" from Castlevania Judgement, and "Nothing to Lose" from Castlevania Harmony of Despair... Also, once it is available, you can put "Out of Time" from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I hope this become reality in the future~ I'm in love with the mod. Very challenging and fun to play!
WhatIsAMan?

Post by WhatIsAMan? »

I can't launch the game, I try using GZDoom (Mac Version) and I keep getting "Script error, 'Castlevania.ipk3:dec_weps' line 87 Invalid parameter a_overlay error" https://i.imgur.com/8JEkkdR.png Link to the image.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

WhatIsAMan? wrote:I can't launch the game, I try using GZDoom (Mac Version) and I keep getting "Script error, 'Castlevania.ipk3:dec_weps' line 87 Invalid parameter a_overlay error" https://i.imgur.com/8JEkkdR.png Link to the image.
I don't know what version of GZDoom you're using, but I see it's loading FMOD, which means it must be a very old one. Try downloading the newest version from zdoom.org.
WhatIsAMan?

Post by WhatIsAMan? »

Thank you it worked updating to a new GZDoom version fixed it.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I finally got the time to sit down and play this and I find the first boss to be basically impossible. It does a ridiculous amount of damage and moves too erratically for the me get some good hits in with the whip. But even if I manage to hit the bastard I only do pitiful amounts of damage. It seems like the boss was specifically designed to be beaten with the knife subweapon and without it the boss is basically impossible.
DarkWarrior1995

Post by DarkWarrior1995 »

SamVision wrote:I finally got the time to sit down and play this and I find the first boss to be basically impossible. It does a ridiculous amount of damage and moves too erratically for the me get some good hits in with the whip. But even if I manage to hit the bastard I only do pitiful amounts of damage. It seems like the boss was specifically designed to be beaten with the knife subweapon and without it the boss is basically impossible.
While the Knife sub-weapon does work wonders against the Giant Bat, the Stopwatch sub-weapon is also a viable alternative, if you're fine with the heart cost. It'll stop the Giant Bat, leaving him wide open for the Vampire Killer.

Outside of those options, yeah, he can be quite erratic in his movements.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”