[Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version 09/2017]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SallazarSpellcaster

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version 09/2017]

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Ah that's a problem. I don't know the technicals on how GzDoom handles scripts and all that, but basically if you have a game file that is associated with two wad files (serpentmus1 and 2,) then it will only work if you have both enabled, otherwise it'll give you an error. I don't know if there's a way to fix that, but when that happens to me I usually restart my game
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

I'm at map 13 or 14 now and i have no with the files, i think, i will continue xD
Is there a way to listen the OST with mp3?
I found it on youtube but it's not the version of the file who work i think:
https://youtu.be/0sAGAncempA

EDIT: It's serpmus2, i extracted it with slade, it works, nice musics ^^
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

SallazarSpellcaster wrote:Ah that's a problem. I don't know the technicals on how GzDoom handles scripts and all that, but basically if you have a game file that is associated with two wad files (serpentmus1 and 2,) then it will only work if you have both enabled, otherwise it'll give you an error. I don't know if there's a way to fix that, but when that happens to me I usually restart my game
It depends on what wads you have loaded - in most cases (vanilla etc.) you can add/remove music wads without issue, but if any of them contain scripts then you have to keep using that wad or the save won't work.

In this case, the music wads both run a script to let the game know what music is being used - for the end credits and for any issues relating to specific tracks.
Is there a way to listen the OST with mp3?
The tracks are not mp3's, but there are many music players that support the various MOD formats used. (if you extract them from the wads)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Odd question: do you plan on updating this? From what I can tell, GZDoom's at 3.5.1 now. *shrug*
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:Odd question: do you plan on updating this? From what I can tell, GZDoom's at 3.5.1 now. *shrug*
What needs updating? Have you got any errors?

[edit] Assume it works, and if it stops working between versions, that's probably a bug that should be reported to the devs.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I have one question, however. In the RPG mod, looking at the keybinds shows that weapon slots are listed twice; once in main keys and once in mod keys. Was that intentional?
The Ultimate DooMer

I think that's a leftover from old GZDoom versions, when slots only went up to 4 by default.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Also, is it just me, or when opening the RPG Menu (to boost your stats), the selector isn't properly aligned?
theleo_ua
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by theleo_ua »

AvzinElkein wrote:Also, is it just me, or when opening the RPG Menu (to boost your stats), the selector isn't properly aligned?
for me too
ChamiChameleon

Post by ChamiChameleon »

I got a bug or error while playing as Braxus. Once I landed in the third map, I noticed I can't open regular doors. I was able to do so in the introduction map (the city), but once the adventure started I tried to enter the houses around the field. Only monsters can open doors but I can't. Does anybody have the same problem? Help.
The Ultimate DooMer

That bug was present on an old GZDoom version years ago, I had to change all the doors to fix it. Works fine on modern versions, though.
ChamiChameleon

Post by ChamiChameleon »

Now how am I supposed to enter the
Spoiler:
? I just hit the wall with a shot of the serpent staff and nothing... Must I use explosive barrels or something?
The Ultimate DooMer

ChamiChameleon wrote:Now how am I supposed to enter the
Spoiler:
? I just hit the wall with a shot of the serpent staff and nothing... Must I use explosive barrels or something?
Spoiler:
ChamiChameleon

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New player classes 05/201

Post by ChamiChameleon »

4thcharacter wrote:Unknown script error when attempting to open the door behind Korax after fighting him.

Also, is there a .ogg, .wav or mp3 version of the sountracks?
This error is presenting to me as well now. It says "p_startscript: unknown script 32" every time I try to open the door after battling Korax. I have the latest versions of both GZDoom and Serpent Resurrection. Already checked as well, as the only thing that changes are the save files of my game.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

ChamiChameleon wrote:Now how am I supposed to enter the
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”