GZDomm 3.5.1_Legacy ..Gamma Correction Not Functional

Bugs with GZDoom Vintage builds. Same rules apply as with all other bug reports fora.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

GZDomm 3.5.1_Legacy ..Gamma Correction Not Functional

Post by Guest »

GZDomm 3.5.1_Legacy ..Gamma Correction Not Functional. Recently had to switch to GZDomm 3.5.1_Legacy In Ubuntu Linux because I have an Older GL2 Only Video Card. I need a fix for the Gamma Correction settings Not Functioning in the Legacy version which did function before GL2 support was removed from it. the Legacy versions Gamma is too Dark to See or be Functional and does Not respond to settings.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: GZDomm 3.5.1_Legacy ..Gamma Correction Not Functional

Post by drfrag »

Confirmed on windows, with the default settings gamma only works in fullscreen mode but not windowed. Software gamma is not working.
You could try to use hardware gamma for the time being.
I've just noticed but this problem has been in the legacy branch right from the start, seems something is missing there.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Try fiddling with the "vid_hwgamma" CVAR. It has "0, 1, and 2" as valid options, IIRC.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Software gamma correction is implemented via shader but they are disabled in legacy render path. So, if it’s about software gamma only, this is not a bug.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: GZDoom 3.5.1_Legacy Gamma Correction Non Functional

Post by drfrag »

Definitely it's not a bug. I had gl_renderbuffers disabled to prevent crashes on my shitty old ati card and shaders don't work then.

Return to “Vintage Build Bugs”