Nash's Blood Mod [discontinued]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Nash

Re: Nash's Blood Mod

Post by Nash »

Hexereticdoom wrote:@Nash: Hello, I would like to ask you something that has been running today around my head... I've analized a few hours ago the PK3 file of the Blood Mod, and I have seen a comment in Decorate lump (to be precise in NashGore_SplatMaker actor) that says what prevents generating translated blood colors is a limitation of the (G)ZDoom engine, explained in the link you wrote also there in the lump...

The question is... Would it be possible to fix the problem, following the same procedure to make it like is in the other blood mod I quoted before, Droplets v13 (mod friendly version) just for obtaining this way the decal color translation? Because if you make the pertinent changes of code in your mod, you would achieve the solution to the problem... Should it be possible to do it, or may am I wrong?

The only way to do it right now (with current features) would be to define hard-coded blood types separately... which is kind of not the most robust way to solve the issue. Ideally, my mod should "just work" with ANY blood colour without me having to manually account for different blood colours.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Nash wrote:
Hexereticdoom wrote:@Nash: Hello, I would like to ask you something that has been running today around my head... I've analized a few hours ago the PK3 file of the Blood Mod, and I have seen a comment in Decorate lump (to be precise in NashGore_SplatMaker actor) that says what prevents generating translated blood colors is a limitation of the (G)ZDoom engine, explained in the link you wrote also there in the lump...

The question is... Would it be possible to fix the problem, following the same procedure to make it like is in the other blood mod I quoted before, Droplets v13 (mod friendly version) just for obtaining this way the decal color translation? Because if you make the pertinent changes of code in your mod, you would achieve the solution to the problem... Should it be possible to do it, or may am I wrong?
The only way to do it right now (with current features) would be to define hard-coded blood types separately... which is kind of not the most robust way to solve the issue. Ideally, my mod should "just work" with ANY blood colour without me having to manually account for different blood colours.
Oh, I see... Then the solution is more complicated than I though... :|

Never mind, then. Thanks for your attention!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Graf did say he would try to look into it, so it's just a matter of waiting. :D Thanks for enjoying the mod!
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Excuse me for bumping the thread, but I have got a little thing I would like to share you...

I have recently edited the Nash's Blood Mod and finally made a custom version with several fixings and tweaks. The good thing is the floor bloodsplats and wall decals are now correctly translated to the predefined actor's blood color, and also I have included some additional randomizing factors to the spawned blood.

The only bad thing is I had to discard the model definitions, 'cause they were the main problem in blood translation, so normal sprites are used instead. However, this allows more performance in game than the original method, so it should be a good thing for avoiding lag on low-spec computers... :wink:

All credits goes to the original mod's creator, Nash.
Attachments
NASHBLOOD_FIXED.PK3
(39.32 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

The coloured blood doesn't seem to work. Tried it with Colourful Hell.

EDIT: Nevermind it seems to work. IDK why it wasn't working at first, though.
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

Colored blood doesn't seem to work, no matter what I try. This is my mod load order, and cacodemon/hell knight/baron of hell blood is still red.
Attachments
ZDL_2018-08-23_01-55-46.png
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

bisousbisous wrote:Colored blood doesn't seem to work, no matter what I try. This is my mod load order, and cacodemon/hell knight/baron of hell blood is still red.
Yes, the fact is if you are playing classic Doom (not including an extended monster mod or similar), the standard ZDoom's Decorate actor settings are preserved by default, so there's no coloured blood for Barons, HK and Cacos, unless an external patch is created.

So then, here you have a small patch I've done for you. Please load it only with NASHBLOOD_FIXED.PK3 file, there's no need to include Nash' original file on load process because it could give some undesirable errors...

Hope it works for you. Good luck! :wink:
Attachments
NASHBLOOD_FIXED_CLASSICDOOMPATCH.WAD
(298 Bytes) Downloaded 158 times
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

Hey thanks man, this looks amazing when I use it with colorful hell!
Nash

Re: Nash's Blood Mod [discontinued]

Post by Nash »

This mod is discontinued and is now replaced with Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition

Requesting graveyard.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”