[New download demo 1.0.1 available] Paradise Rebirth

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [WIP] MooD is now entitled 'Paradise Rebirth'

Post by gwHero »

One thing I really like is experimenting with 3d floors and slopes. Here are some screenshots of an American Gothic inspired house I'm working on.

Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Beautiful is the word! :)

I'm waiting for the demo!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Home sweet Home! I think this mod is having extra-more quality!
gwHero

Post by gwHero »

The game Paradise Rebirth is still in development, but the intro is kind of finished, so here it is:

Added the possibility to choose the character in the intro and to the menu system too, which is also about finished.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Paradice indeed! And hey, isn't this game based on first person? I can see the whole character, interacting and such on the screen.
gwHero

Post by gwHero »

Captain J wrote:Paradice indeed! And hey, isn't this game based on first person? I can see the whole character, interacting and such on the screen.
yes, it's first person allright. A bit unconventional, but I like to experiment. (I'll wait and see how it will be received)

As long as you don't carry anything, you will see the complete character instead of a mugshot and/or fist. However, as soon as you take a key, tool or weapon, it's more like you are used to, as in this example with the small pistol and with the character moved to the right upper corner:
gwHero

Post by gwHero »

Although the game Paradise Rebirth has an abstract design, I did want to have real life effects like a day/night system and weather conditions.

A lot of time was put in the code; the most difficult part was to calculate if the sun was behind a cloud :mrgreen:
gwHero

Re: [WIP/Some vids available] Paradise Rebirth

Post by gwHero »

The HUD in Paradise Rebirth is kind of ready; all health bars are finished and operational.

(VIDEO) For instance, in Paradise Rebirth, if you don't drink or eat, you will die. So let's fill your bottle with water from the pond, and drink some, and find and eat some apples! (well of course there are apples, it's a paradise...)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

What do the inverted pentagram and peace symbols mean?
gwHero

Post by gwHero »

AvzinElkein wrote:What do the inverted pentagram and peace symbols mean?
In the game, the player can gain positive points (presented in the peace sign) and negative points (presented in the pentagram). It's up to the player which path he will take: being an exterminator or a defender of life. Of course, his choice will lead to a different outcome...
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Would it be possible for you to create a interactive moving cart for these rails please? https://i.imgur.com/l7Hxfom.png
gwHero

Post by gwHero »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Would it be possible for you to create a interactive moving cart for these rails please? https://i.imgur.com/l7Hxfom.png
Well, as a matter of fact, it happens to be one of the many items on my long todo and wish list. That said, I'm not sure yet if it will make it into the game, so no guarantees here. I do have some thoughts how to create such a thing, but I don't know if it will look good enough and if it will fit into the game. But who knows...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

i am loving the looks of this :) So simple and still full of life
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

gwHero wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Would it be possible for you to create a interactive moving cart for these rails please? https://i.imgur.com/l7Hxfom.png
Well, as a matter of fact, it happens to be one of the many items on my long todo and wish list. That said, I'm not sure yet if it will make it into the game, so no guarantees here. I do have some thoughts how to create such a thing, but I don't know if it will look good enough and if it will fit into the game. But who knows...
Since tormentor himself commented out on your thread just a single post above mine, I guess I'll have to show you a video fragment of one of his mods - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FZBVl7f9X0&t=4m27s

As you can see, creating a moving cart is quite possible, even on doom engine that is not even a build engine :P
gwHero

Post by gwHero »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Since tormentor himself commented out on your thread just a single post above mine, I guess I'll have to show you a video fragment of one of his mods - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FZBVl7f9X0&t=4m27s

As you can see, creating a moving cart is quite possible, even on doom engine that is not even a build engine :P
Yes, I got BOA installed on my machine. A real masterpiece :) Tormentor is gonna be credited in my game anyway for inspiring me with some other stuff.
Well, about the cart, I know it's possible, and if a cart will fit and look good too in my game, it will certainly be applied. Thanks for pointing out :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”