Forcing small fonts to use uppercase?

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Tango

Forcing small fonts to use uppercase?

Post by Tango »

Through a combination of dissecting some fonts Jimmy has posted and looking through font discussions/posts from some really helpful members on the boards, I've managed to get my own custom small font working. I've noticed though that for any characters not included in my small font, they appear as spaces in game. Examples include {, }, and |, which are not included in my font file. Looking at some other small fonts (such as the Gargoyle small font posted by Jimmy) though, I see that you can optionally include lowercase characters for your font, which come after all of your uppercase characters. And after all the lowercase characters appear to be the slots for the last few characters such as {, }, |, etc. So I have two questions then:

1) Is it possible in-game to force a font to only use the uppercase characters, even if the lowercase versions are present in the font?
2) Is it possible to add the extra characters at the end of a font ( {, }, and | ) without providing all of the lowercase characters?

Any help is much appreciated!
Blue Shadow

Re: Forcing small fonts to use uppercase?

Post by Blue Shadow »

How about editing the font to use the uppercase characters for the lowercase ones, as well? This way no matter how a text is written, it'll always display in uppercase. It'll also allow you to add those extra characters.
Tango

Post by Tango »

Ahh that's a good idea! Thanks for being helpful as always Blue Shadow :D
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

No problem.

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”