[3.5.1 Raspbian] mouse buttons sometimes unresponsive

Bugs with GZDoom Vintage builds. Same rules apply as with all other bug reports fora.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
Csonicgo

[3.5.1 Raspbian] mouse buttons sometimes unresponsive

Post by Csonicgo »

If I use the mouse to rotate the player left for a while, then try to fire, it will not register. if I move a little to the right, I can fire the weapon. It's very frustrating in MAP10 where turning to the left in a circle is common. I will alt-tab when this happens and notice the mouse cursor is hugging the left of the screen.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [3.5.1 Raspbian] mouse buttons sometimes unresponsive

Post by phantombeta »

This is, in part, a problem with Raspbian's default settings. For some reason, it does something to window borders that makes it so that GZDoom won't recognize mouse input when the mouse is touching the sides of the window. You have to tweak the window manager's configuration to disable this stupid "feature".
That said, GZDoom should also be locking the mouse to the center of the window, so that part is GZDoom's fault.
Csonicgo

Re: [3.5.1 Raspbian] mouse buttons sometimes unresponsive

Post by Csonicgo »

phantombeta wrote:This is, in part, a problem with Raspbian's default settings. For some reason, it does something to window borders that makes it so that GZDoom won't recognize mouse input when the mouse is touching the sides of the window. You have to tweak the window manager's configuration to disable this stupid "feature".
That said, GZDoom should also be locking the mouse to the center of the window, so that part is GZDoom's fault.
Well. what is that config setting? Would have been nice to know, because I can't find anything about it.

Return to “Vintage Build Bugs”