DoomKrakken Discord Ban [split]

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

DoomKrakken Discord Ban [split]

Postby DoomKrakken » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Ok, what did I actually do wrong?

What's the real reason I'm banned from the ZDoom Discord?

I received no warning, and I received no indication that something was going to happen.
DoomKrakken
Avidly Anonymous Suggester. Hardcore Catholic Gamer. Problem? PM me.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: Official ZDoom Discord Server

Postby wildweasel » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:19 pm

I saw you were given plenty of warning and were even already kicked once over your argument in #shitposting. I'll thank you not to drag it here, too.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby DoomKrakken » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:35 pm

@WildWeasel

I have absolutely no plans to drag my argument here at all. My complaint is that I expressed that I wanted a shirt that said "Vaccines cause Autism", and then suddenly I find I'm banned. There was no warning, no indication of banishment... they ask if I'm joking. I say "no". And then I just find I'm banned.

Some friends of mine who were also there found the discussion, came to my defense, and took a screenshot of the whole thing and more. They're now also banned (they're known as Bryina and Abysswalker).

Here's the screenshot: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

And so, from this screenshot, I find that now there's serious discussion for getting me banned from the forums too.

You and Rachael are the fairest mods I know, now. Gathering from what you see here... how fair do you believe this entire thing is?
DoomKrakken

Postby wildweasel » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:37 pm

Completely fair, and I'm totally prepared to ban you from here because you just said you weren't going to drag the argument here and yet you've just dragged it here anyway.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby DoomKrakken » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:43 pm

Something tells me you and I aren't referring to the same "argument".

I won't continue this further, though, because now I feel like I'm treading on a millimeter of ice. :(
DoomKrakken

Re: DoomKrakken Discord Ban [split]

Postby Rachael » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Okay, so here's my decision on this issue - and yes, I'm going to upset a lot of folks with this decision, but I am trying to be as fair as I possibly can to everyone involved.

• MrOnyx linked the original image that caused this debacle. I know he didn't mean any harm by that, but the whole Vax/Anti-Vax debate is political, no matter its implications. It was a mistake to bring that up. He's already received a warning via Discord.
  • DoomKrakken - That was an insanely stupid idea to go saying what you did. But even still, an opinion is an opinion. The rule you DID violate was the no politics rule. For this, you are receiving a commutation - NOT a pardon - for your involvement. The ban will last a day and then be removed, instead of being permanent, and going forward this will serve as a warning for you, as well. To permanently ban you would go against my very core beliefs, even if I do VEHEMENTLY disagree with you, and I see it as wrong. Still, though - politics is not allowed. You are now warned.
  • Bryina & The Abysswalker - The whole thing brought out the worst in both of you. For the blatant disrespect you've shown towards JadedLexi in handling this matter, the bans you have both received will be permanent. You can appeal that in a couple months, at which point, if you do, we'll make a decision hopefully when cooler heads have prevailed, as to whether you will ever be allowed back. If your goal was to burn your bridges, you sure as fuck succeeded. If either of you have even an inkling of intelligence, you will soon come to regret the actions you've taken this day. It's fine to not be okay with JadedLexi's decision - it's NOT AT ALL fine to handle it the utterly shameful and disgraceful and self-deprecating way that you two did it.

I would like to close this by saying this: Science is proven truth that is done with painstaking research and hypotheses, with many failed attempts to debunk it. Put two and two together, and USE YOUR FUCKING HEAD.

Furthermore, the best way to handle someone you disagree with like this, who believes such falsehoods, is to debate them with proven facts. To use the truth. Not to ban or attempt to censor them. To this end, I will be discussing with the moderators about this issue, hopefully to prevent a repeat of this happening again.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness