[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby ElectricPulse » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:16 pm

Jeimuzu73 wrote:A heavily edited Wolfenstein-styled rifleman that carries his rifle with his right hand while running according to German military doctrine, as opposed to carrying it with both hands like every other sprite depicts.
Image


What if the soldier holds the weapon pointed to the ground, due to its weight? Something like this:

Image

Ghost Prototype wrote:
ElectricPulse wrote:Finished the animation of the movie's chainsaw. No, it's not beautiful, but at least it saw things:

Looks pretty damn fine to me :)


Thanks buddy :D
User avatar
ElectricPulse
Don't worry, i'm just a simple man.
 
Joined: 31 May 2016
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby jdredalert » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:33 pm

ElectricPulse wrote:Finished the animation of the movie's chainsaw. No, it's not beautiful, but at least it saw things:



Well i really want to see that ingame! I specially liked the first two frames, they are perfect for a swing atack.
User avatar
jdredalert
State of badass art.
 
Joined: 14 Jul 2013

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby ElectricPulse » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:50 pm

And i'm really going to do it, and using the sounds from the movie :D
User avatar
ElectricPulse
Don't worry, i'm just a simple man.
 
Joined: 31 May 2016
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby simploo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:25 am

Big Boi
ImageImage
User avatar
simploo
Busy Bones
 
Joined: 26 Jun 2017
Location: Argent D'nur
Discord: Simploo#7765
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby doomjedi » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:51 am

Vostyok wrote:I think what Doomjedi means, is that carrying a rifle with one hand, you could not swing it around like a knife. Sticking a rifle straight onto his fist looks... Odd. It would look better if he held the rifle to his side when running, even with wolfenstein's exaggerated running style.

I'm never against people understanding me smarter than I actually meant 8-)
I meant just it's weight, you can't carry a rifle with one hand like that...even if you would be able to, you wouldn't hold it where he holds it, but closer to the muzzle, in a more "weight-balanced" way. Currently he hold it like a beating stick.
User avatar
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Location: Israel
Discord: DoomJedi

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:33 am

doomjedi wrote:
Vostyok wrote:I think what Doomjedi means, is that carrying a rifle with one hand, you could not swing it around like a knife. Sticking a rifle straight onto his fist looks... Odd. It would look better if he held the rifle to his side when running, even with wolfenstein's exaggerated running style.

I'm never against people understanding me smarter than I actually meant 8-)
I meant just it's weight, you can't carry a rifle with one hand like that...even if you would be able to, you wouldn't hold it where he holds it, but closer to the muzzle, in a more "weight-balanced" way. Currently he hold it like a beating stick.

Yeah, I admittedly just pasted the rifle onto his hands because it was too time-consuming to redraw his arms altogether.
User avatar
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2011
Location: Dropping today in Station Square.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby osjclatchford » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:25 am

an attempt at animated "in air" frames for this imp torso gib (the original gib is shown in the box for reference)
spintorsoimp.png

I use this as a chainsaw death gib and occasionally a 'ragdoll' effect (ish) gib for an alternative xdeath, obviously with other sprites (legs etc...)
it was intended to match those zombiman/shotgunguy sliced deaths you may remember from demonsteele?

while I'm at this, if anyone knows of any better version of this I'd love to know. I couldn't find one so I made this for now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Assassin of Purity » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:08 am

I would love to see centered Duke Nukem 3D weapons. :)
Assassin of Purity
 
Joined: 10 May 2018

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby ramon.dexter » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:12 am

simploo wrote:Big Boi
ImageImage



I like it. Especially those visors :D The hand cannons could be brighter, now the're pitch black on the from frame. The side frame is better, but could be brighter.
User avatar
ramon.dexter
rudebwoy
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2015
Location: Kozolupy, Bohemia

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Kinsie » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Assassin of Purity wrote:I would love to see centered Duke Nukem 3D weapons. :)
Requests forum's that-a-way.
User avatar
Kinsie
Dog Days
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Assassin of Purity » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Kinsie wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:I would love to see centered Duke Nukem 3D weapons. :)
Requests forum's that-a-way.

It wasn't a request though.
Assassin of Purity
 
Joined: 10 May 2018

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby wildweasel » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Except it is, because you're stating that you'd like to see something. Don't argue semantics and keep requests to the requests area.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby NeonLights95 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:08 pm

wildweasel wrote:Except it is, because you're stating that you'd like to see something. Don't argue semantics and keep requests to the requests area.


Well said, man.
User avatar
NeonLights95
I'm known by many names
 
Joined: 10 Feb 2017
Location: A lot of places
Discord: KHJDoom25#6988
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Captain J » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:29 pm

osjclatchford wrote:an attempt at animated "in air" frames for this imp torso gib (the original gib is shown in the box for reference)
Oooh, that looks good and new! Nice colors and shades on that innards.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby TheRailgunner » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:19 am

Image

The Nishimura Seven Mark 1, 2, and 3 - really just wanted the first two there for reference/comparison.
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Don't let fascism win. Not in the US, or anywhere in the world.
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2013

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests