Medieval Madness DM [DHH - D4T - QC:DE] New Update

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Aethun

Medieval Madness DM [DHH - D4T - QC:DE] New Update

Post by Aethun »

Medieval Madness DM:
Set of maps for multiplayer games to your favorite games and mods;)
-Doom2
-Heretic
-Hexen
-D4T
-QC:DE

After a long time, I updated this set of maps to play without double jump, I modified the first two, the first being the most noticed, I replaced the third map and added another. Slow but safe.
I have also added the set for QC: DE.

I leave these images for the delight of those who enjoy them;)

Excessive Arena:
Spoiler:
The Town:
Spoiler:
Seven Portals ;)
Spoiler:
Strange Place to Frag:
Spoiler:
Here you have the links with the necessary files:
Spoiler:
I hope you enjoy them for long hours;)

First Version
Spoiler:
Last edited by Aethun on Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
DBThanatos

Re: Medieval Madness [-DHHx and D4T- DM maps]

Post by DBThanatos »

We played these in the last two weekly D4T friday events. These maps are gorgeous. Love the double jumping to reach powerups, weapons and whatnot.

So far, the one thing that i think it could be improved, is to maybe make the maps darker and use dynamic lights for full gzdoom/zandro beauty. Players are fullbright in D4T so, visibility shouldnt be an issue, yet, currently, a lot of the map looks plain (which of course, they're not!) because of the same textures+equal lighting everywhere. The contrast of dark and light could make this maps look even better!

But still, these are awesme, and we've had a lot of fun. Sniping while on the rooftops to only be sniped by someone else is damn fun.

Awesome maps. Just awesome. :wub:
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Why do I need to buy Doom4 when the community will just make something better for free. I love you guys.
Ragequit

Post by Ragequit »

The maps are excellent, and apart from having a few frame drops on one, they don't kill performance (on my lower-end cheapo PC)
The design looks quite a lot like Unreal.

Gameplay-wise, the Pain Elemental is overpowered on the third map because of it's super-spacey nature and homing projectiles, but it's to be expected with open areas and not something anyone can do much about.
Sniping is damn fun as DBT mentioned, and the maps are not lacking in verticality.

All in all, wouldn't hurt to have more awesome PvP map designers like yourself. :wink:
Aethun

Post by Aethun »

Thank you very much, your words are very gratifying and even more reason to improve this work.
Being sincere, I am very noob with the dynamic lights, still, in the third map I have come to implement transparencies and lines with lighting to improve the effect of the interiors of the towers ... but the performance falls and it suffers a lot.
The balconies of the tallest tower had independent wood, it was not the texture it is now, each wall formed these balconies, just as in the second tower. You could see through and shoot through the slits while you could see the light effect across the lines ... but the performance was painful. Totally abominable for my purpose.
I want to practice a little more dynamical lights and implement it properly because I also see very flat areas.

Thank you very much the comments. The work is not finished, I want to create maps of this style until I get tired of it, little by little, I also want to improve these three maps because there are things that have not just convinced ...
Especially because I love the possibilities of double jump in multiplayer, in the 3 ID relics that are Doom, Heretic and Hexen.

As I am "new" in this of sharing projects, I do not know whether to release it for those who want to contribute their map with these resources, within the concept of maintaining the double jump, do it, or follow myself that after all I love how has been and how fun it is to jump all over the map
eyesoftheworld94

Post by eyesoftheworld94 »

I really love these maps! it would be very cool if you could possibly demake some of the D'16 Multiplayer maps for D4T as well! Thoughts on doing something like that? Great work none-the-less
Aethun

Re: Medieval Madness [DHH - D4T - QC:DE] New Update

Post by Aethun »

New Update, up post!

Any questions, suggestions or criticism will be welcome ;)

Return to “Levels”