[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.4c, Slow yourself down

Post by StroggVorbis »

eharper256 wrote:Yes, I can see how to do it, I was wondering about what setups people use.
The jerkiness you experience is because Trailblazer's tilt is based on Nash's original QuakeTilt mod, which exhibits problems on newer versions of GZDoom. You can either enable "Smooth Mouse Movement" under Mouse options, but it causes input lag, or grab Nash's Tilt++ and load it alongside Trailblazer :) viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55413
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

The tilting script is not based off qtilt.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

My point still stands regardless. You need to disable Trailblazer's Tilt and use Tilt++ instead. Because the camera updates with only 35Hz when moving and turning at the same time.

Edit: @eharper Before I forget, if the stuttering happens only when firing weapons, then the cause is very likely related to the presence of SPF_INTERPOLATE. Should this be the case, you need to open Trailblazer in SLADE and manually remove every instance of this flag from every Pitch codepointer until an official fix rolls out.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Nope, and don't suggest silly workarounds like these. It won't be long before a proper solution is found. My script uses ChangeActorRoll which has interpolation. If what you claim is true, that's a bug with gzd, but nonetheless weird, given it supposedly works with Tilt++.

edit: You have to manually set the interpolation flag, so you can consider it fixed.
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

What version of Gzdoom does this use? LIke, Nothing seems to work.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

a.dusty.taco wrote:What version of Gzdoom does this use? LIke, Nothing seems to work.
Its still working absolutely fine for me on g3.4.1
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

for some reason the jet pack hotkey doesn't work, but when i use it in my inventory it does the proper thing. Also, is there anyway that i can change ammo capacity for say something like the macheterang without modifing code or DECORATE? (like with a console command) EDIT: nvm i figured it out. i used sv_unlimited_pickup and spawned a bunch of machetes.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

thedeathrunner123 wrote:for some reason the jet pack hotkey doesn't work, but when i use it in my inventory it does the proper thing. Also, is there anyway that i can change ammo capacity for say something like the macheterang without modifing code or DECORATE? (like with a console command) EDIT: nvm i figured it out. i used sv_unlimited_pickup and spawned a bunch of machetes.
There is. Open the pk3 with 7zip, go into \DECORATE\munnition.txt

The lines in there do it I believe. Might want to check around in case there are other mentions. I managed it myself a few months ago so I can't fully remember but its easy to do (I wanted more capacity for DEM shells since I love Chrome Justice; I also biased DEM shell drops slightly over standard Red Shells, since Sergeants give you plenty in most maps, and slightly tweaked scrap upgrade costs, some up, some down).

EDIT: Just saw you actually wanted console commands, oh well. The DECORATE is really easy and well commented here though.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

thx, its no Problem. ill use that for other mods thou. as you can use that for many (with some different names but still similar.) any way to fix jet pack thou? i want to quick boost but dont want to have to keep selecting the jet pack.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

Hey, I noticed something wrong with the FMG when upgraded: When you press Reload while you zooming, for a split second, you see the original magazine of the not-upgraded version, instead of the upgraded case.

It's really jarring.

The rest is P.E.R.F.E.C.T.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

thedeathrunner123 wrote:thx, its no Problem. ill use that for other mods thou. as you can use that for many (with some different names but still similar.) any way to fix jet pack thou? i want to quick boost but dont want to have to keep selecting the jet pack.
Oh, it's simple to fix :

1. Open the pk3 file with Slade Editor.

2. Check the file "KEYCONF".

3. Replace the following :

alias +FlyingDumbass "use Jetpack"
alias FlyingDumbass "use Jetpack2"

with :

alias +FlyingDumbass "use Jetpack2"
alias FlyingDumbass "use Jetpack"

So, it's just inversing the order of the "Jetpack" entries. I hope all of this, is helpful for you and possibly PillowBlaster.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

I'll look into that FMG issue. Also, the proper way to fix that bind is:

Code: Select all

alias -FlyingDumbass "use Jetpack2"
Else the bind will stop working in Hexen, instead. I did a typo like a dummy and removed that minus at some point and didn't notice. Will be fixed for next mini update which I keep delaying cause I have other stuff on my head right now~
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

PillowBlaster wrote:I'll look into that FMG issue. Also, the proper way to fix that bind is:

Code: Select all

alias -FlyingDumbass "use Jetpack2"
Else the bind will stop working in Hexen, instead. I did a typo like a dummy and removed that minus at some point and didn't notice. Will be fixed for next mini update which I keep delaying cause I have other stuff on my head right now~
Oh, I forgot Hexen. Oh well.

By the way, after this lil' update you mentioned , I think this gameplay mod is going to be perfect. No mistakes, no features-heavy mess, no over-complicated mumbo-jumbo. Just a good ol' mod with modern features, cool-as-balls upgrades and the most beautiful sprites this side of Doom.

So, I'll be waiting.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

Well, apparently, there's is another problem with the FMG : When you deselect while zooming, the sprites jump to the deselect, flash and jump to the same state before switching to another weapon.

It seems that this specific weapon have issues with Zoom states, which the Sidekick, who also have those, didn't have any problems with them, even when it's upgraded with both Blueprints and Junk upgrades.

Sorry to importunate you with these, I just want this mod to be perfect as possible before you gonna drop it(If you drop it someday).
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

This happens when I use the berserk fists:
https://imgur.com/a/PqIWddM

The marine thing up there.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”