Bloody Simple Blood [V0.3] (Update: 8/24/18)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
bisousbisous

Re: Bloody Simple Blood [V0.3] (Update: 8/24/18)

Post by bisousbisous »

Any plans on making blood spawn when an enemy is gibbed/killed by explosions?

EDIT: Also I noticed this mistake. It says lower value = more blood, but it's actually the opposite.
IdiotBitz
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by IdiotBitz »

bisousbisous wrote:Any plans on making blood spawn when an enemy is gibbed/killed by explosions?

EDIT: Also I noticed this mistake. It says lower value = more blood, but it's actually the opposite.
whoops, must've left that in there when i changed the spawn rate math stuff. it will be fixed whenever i upload v0.4. as for blood on gibbing, that's tricky. it's definitely something i want to do, but im not sure how i would get around to doing it. most of what i know about ACS relates to maps. I've not messed with monsters in acs yet. im going to work on the "easier to implement" features before i attempt that. if i ever work on getting a gibbing system, it definitely wont be done in the next update. :lol:
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

I noticed this doesn't work with doom 1
IdiotBitz
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by IdiotBitz »

bisousbisous wrote:I noticed this doesn't work with doom 1
in v0.3, if you are using a version that is not 100% compatible like doom 2 is, you will need to navigate to the mod menu and change the option labeled 'skin'. this option controls which sprite is loaded by the actors. change the skin option to either doom or freedoom and the mod shall work as intended.
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

Ah ok, thanks mate

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”