Super Mario Agilities

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZooL
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Super Mario Agilities

Post by ZooL »

Super Mario Agilities is an addon I've made after going nowhere with a small project I had just started. It's the first mod/addon I release, but definitely not my first try at doing ZDoom stuff.

This addon allows you to control the jumping height the same way Super Mario games allows you to (by holding Jump where the more you hold, the higher you jump). It also allows you to stomp enemies.

It ended up fitting Golden Souls 2 very well, so I've built it around it.

>> DOWNLOAD FROM MODDB <<
MrJohnny

Re: Super Mario Agilities

Post by MrJohnny »

Wow, this is so neat! The size system was a nice touch. Thanks for this, ZooL!
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

I am a complete sucker for playing around with mobility, so this is a nice little thing to have when playing other mods. Well done, and thank you!
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

For some reason this doesn't quite seem to work as intended. The special jumps only work when I hold the jump key, and then it starts doing the Mario jumps past the first one. I don't seem to have anything in my autoload order that should conflict with this, so i'm trying to figure out what's going on.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

You might accidentally have another mod that modifies movement loaded. This happens to me when I play High Noon Drifter for example. It works great with things like Golden Souls and most other mods, though. I don't suggest using this with mods with their own mobility stuff like Guncaster and such.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This is really a brilliant addition:)
RedoLane

Post by RedoLane »

Now if only I could change the sounds to Ed Edd N Eddy sound effects...
Just kidding, this is amazing!
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Would you mind if I used this for my Mario playermod? Also, Any possibility we can see more Mario 64-like abilities later down the line? I'd love to see the Long Jump, Triple Jump and Wall Jump if possible.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

This is really good, i'm not adding it to GS2 just because i've made the entire mod with the standard jump system in mind, but still, it fits really well!
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

wow, this is awesome and I know just what to use it on.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Hey, So... I'm having a bit of trouble adding this to my mod. I'm intending to turn off the cvar options simply because my gameplay mod is kinda based around being Mario-like in general. Think you could help me out possibly?

The other reason I want the cvar options turned off is because I'm planning on adding Luigi, Who is supposed to have a higher jump in particular.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

This mod fits so well. I made a video having fun with this lol.

Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

So what are the movement variables we need to look for to be able to make this mod compatible with them. What does the code for movement in general look like?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”