Lambda (Oct/08/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mere_Duke

Re: [Release] Lambda

Post by Mere_Duke »

OMG! So accurate porting! 11 Gordon Freemans of 10!
PS I've found the easter egg :D
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Mere_Duke wrote:OMG! So accurate porting! 11 Gordon Freemans of 10!
played this mod for quite some time but I haven't found anything... Can you please tell me path to the easter egg?
lizardcommando

Re: Lambda - HD Models Poll at 1st post

Post by lizardcommando »

I say stick with the original weapons and hands from OP4. The hands from Redux look kinda weird to me.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

ah, i forgot to add that anyways i'm gonna replace the hands with gordon's ones
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

So is there any progress with the op4 weapons or the aliens? :D
TheCamaleonMaligno

yeah, i have almost all of the op4 weapons done, i'm just missing the wrench and the knife, as for enemies, haven't touched them so much but managed to make an alien grunt to be able to keep firing when the player hides behind some map structure, and the friendly ones are now able to follow the player when the use button is used on them (still a bit glitchy though)

i'll leave here some short vids of some wip stuff:
Spoiler:
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Voting for OpFor HD in hopes that you will also convert the old sprites of Freeman's arsenal to the HD ones.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

I suggest keeping the SD weapon models, because I find seeing High-Poly/Detail models in a Low-Poly/Detail environment very out of place to me.
TheCamaleonMaligno

The HD ones will be just an addon, i left some pics in the first post
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

The option to choose between the updated hands and the classic hands. And the option to choose between the updated weapons and the classic weapons, and also to choose the sounds they make.
MaxRideWizardLord

Personally I'd really love the original models, the "HD" ones not only are out of place, but really not fitting in the half-life to begin with. Like, originally you get MP5 smg, but in a HD mods you get M16 semi-automatic rifle that somehow magically shoot full auto in game, wtf is this heresy?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Personally I'd really love the original models, the "HD" ones not only are out of place, but really not fitting in the half-life to begin with. Like, originally you get MP5 smg, but in a HD mods you get M16 semi-automatic rifle that somehow magically shoot full auto in game, wtf is this heresy?
No, you get an M4A1, not an M16; And all M4A1s are full auto-capable. And that change was made for good reason because it was stupid of the game designers to outfit every soldier with a SMG when the majority should have been carrying at least an M16A2 (also full-auto capable.) or the M4A1.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

According to IMFDB, the assault rifle in the HD pack is a Colt Model 727, and technically speaking the assault rifle was planned in the beta stages of the game, so atleast it's somewhat fitting. The heresy is not on the weapon selection, more on the ammo it uses, still the 9mm as is the MP5.
MaxRideWizardLord

Valherran wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Personally I'd really love the original models, the "HD" ones not only are out of place, but really not fitting in the half-life to begin with. Like, originally you get MP5 smg, but in a HD mods you get M16 semi-automatic rifle that somehow magically shoot full auto in game, wtf is this heresy?
No, you get an M4A1, not an M16; And all M4A1s are full auto-capable. And that change was made for good reason because it was stupid of the game designers to outfit every soldier with a SMG when the majority should have been carrying at least an M16A2 (also full-auto capable.) or the M4A1.
I remember it being M16 in description, but that is outside the point. It's still a assault rifle than SMG like originally it supposed to be. A soldiers in tight environment would fit more with SMG than assault rifles, and god this rifle is so damn inaccurate even when you fire it once to be a rifle. Besides, I really like to remember HL with it's classic weapons rather than with moded ones, and I just don't like any sort of game alterations. But again, that is just my opinion.

EDIT:
ZikShadow wrote:According to IMFDB, the assault rifle in the HD pack is a Colt Model 727, and technically speaking the assault rifle was planned in the beta stages of the game, so atleast it's somewhat fitting. The heresy is not on the weapon selection, more on the ammo it uses, still the 9mm as is the MP5.
Oh and yeah, the ammo. It made perfect sense for pistol have same ammo as SMG, since both are pistols, one is handgun and other is sub-machine.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
Mere_Duke wrote:OMG! So accurate porting! 11 Gordon Freemans of 10!
played this mod for quite some time but I haven't found anything... Can you please tell me path to the easter egg?
oh lol I completely forgot what I was talking about... probably someone knows what it could be?
there is a
Spoiler:
but it is too little to be an easter egg

Return to “Gameplay Mods”