Bungle in the Jungle: a Netronian Chaos mappack

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Bungle in the Jungle: a Netronian Chaos mappack

Post by Skelegant »

"Let's bungle in the jungle, well that's alright by me!"

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vl38e630e ... 1.zip/file

Netronian Chaos: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=57964

A 5 level mappack for Captain J's excellent mod Netronian Chaos, with retro music, unique environments, and a challenging new boss made by the man himself :D
(as well as a bullet-hell esque secret level and boss)

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Credits:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Skelegant on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Valken

Re: Bungle in the Jungle: a Netronian Chaos mappack

Post by Valken »

Looks good. Will give it run after I finish a few things.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It's finally here!!! It's been pleasant working together. Especially making of bosses! Hope you all enjoy this map pack and obviously Netronian Chaos is needed before playing!
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Ah cool looks interesting. I'll give it a go.

EDIT: I was confused for a bit and could not get this to work. Most times you load the map pack first then the mod but for this, you need to load mod first.

Also should this not be under Total Conversions instead of levels?
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Rex705 wrote: EDIT: I was confused for a bit and could not get this to work. Most times you load the map pack first then the mod but for this, you need to load mod first.

Also should this not be under Total Conversions instead of levels?
It's just a mapset with its own unique BOSSes and some other new things, not a standalone mod, you still needed the NC mod to run it, load the NC(and its Mutators) first and then this mappack.

==

Finished the mapset...it's short and simple layouts but still a nice "blast through".
Not sure if it intended, but lack of health packs make me has to think twice or more before rush into enemies.

Hmm, maybe added some health packs on BOSS fights on later levels maybe good idea I think.

Also, for a short mappack with 51.54MB of OGGs, this just surprised me when I saw the downloaded file was 56.8MB, and most of it were huge musics.
Spoiler:
Still, I like this pack and want more! :P
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

PlayerLin wrote:It's just a mapset with its own unique BOSSes and some other new things, not a standalone mod, you still needed the NC mod to run it, load the NC(and its Mutators) first and then this mappack.
said it right!
Not sure if it intended, but lack of health packs make me has to think twice or more before rush into enemies.
I'm sure keep covering and shooting often might save your health, or maybe find some secrets around the map!
Also, for a short mappack with 51.54MB of OGGs, this just surprised me when I saw the downloaded file was 56.8MB, and most of it were huge musics.
I tried to lighten up some OGG musics, but i guess that wasn't enough... Finding certain midi versions was not so easy either. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

I found all secrets but still, if you f**ked up a lot, you better just restart the level with pistol start......I have a really bad habit about always playing at skills 4 for some reasons, and hardly to change that. :P
Captain J wrote:I tried to lighten up some OGG musics, but i guess that wasn't enough... Finding certain midi versions was not so easy either. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(
Well, I'm not feel so inconvenient about its huge music size but maybe somebody would so I still point it out, sadly I guess it's not easy to solve so this is the result.

Still, I actually were think the levels would more larger, judging by the file size...I feel bad for this stupid assumption now. :(
Captain J wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

PlayerLin wrote:Still, I actually were think the levels would more larger, judging by the file size...I feel bad for this stupid assumption now. :(
This map pack could've been light-weighted if i knew which format has the smaller filesize... Eh, Ogg sounded fine despite the size.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
EDIT: Fixed some spelling errors.
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

My only solid complaint is that the cave boss fight arena is really, really, really fucking cramped and lacking in cover.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Gideon020 wrote:My only solid complaint is that the cave boss fight arena is really, really, really fucking cramped and lacking in cover.
Indeed, I wasn't sure what to do with that area so just left it as it. I might update it at some point, but for now just run in circles around the exit room, that should do the trick
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

If you're willing to take a suggestion, having that open wall lead to an arena where the boss drops in from above probably would work.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Update time:
-All music has been recompressed and tidied up by QuakedoomNukem Cz (thanks :D )
-The elevator at the end of map02 was an accident waiting to happen so it's fixed now
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Nice job for lower the package size to nearly 1/3!

Are you considering make more levels for NC? Just asking, since I would like see more. :P
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh my, how did you even compressed all musics like that?! Now that's some good news!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

That was all QuakedoomNukem Cz's work, pretty impressive huh? I'm not sure if I'll be doing any more levels specifically for NC, it was fun but I prefer mapping for vanilla Doom's gameplay style (plus I'm still not as good at doom mapping as I'd like to be)

Return to “Levels”