Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.24)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: Touhou Doom - Episode 3.66 (Updated Re-Release)

Post by Untitled »

Yeah, I'm double-posting, but there's progress:
https://imgur.com/a/nRewH3G

I'm just linking the album, because there's not one, not two, but SEVEN screenshots of MAP25. It's by far the largest map I've ever made, and this doesn't even showcase the boss area (that's a spoiler I do not wish to reveal just yet).
muzzdiez

Post by muzzdiez »

Untitled wrote:Alright, added the changes to 3.66.
Thanks! I've checked it, and Patchouli's fight is now perfect.
But there's still this issue remains:
muzzdiez wrote:Also, I discovered that you can't achieve 100% items on many stages with spell cards turned off; I suggest adding A_ChangeFlag("COUNTITEM", FALSE) before 'Stop' in DECORATEs of all spell cards, since they spawn soulspheres in that case, and disappear, making item count accociated with them not countable anymore.
Untitled wrote:I'm just linking the album, because there's not one, not two, but SEVEN screenshots of MAP25.
Wow, looks very intriguing. (Well, just like the last episode of Dusted's Touhou Doom, I wonder if there'll be a lack of Touhou content? But maybe, if it fits into plot, it might be OK.)
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

muzzdiez wrote:
Untitled wrote:Alright, added the changes to 3.66.
Thanks! I've checked it, and Patchouli's fight is now perfect.
But there's still this issue remains:
muzzdiez wrote:Also, I discovered that you can't achieve 100% items on many stages with spell cards turned off; I suggest adding A_ChangeFlag("COUNTITEM", FALSE) before 'Stop' in DECORATEs of all spell cards, since they spawn soulspheres in that case, and disappear, making item count accociated with them not countable anymore.
That's annoying, I did put the A_ChangeFlag call, but apparently it didn't actually change the item count in real time. Argh, that's annoying.
muzzdiez

Post by muzzdiez »

Untitled wrote:I did put the A_ChangeFlag call, but apparently it didn't actually change the item count in real time. Argh, that's annoying.
Well, it's strange, but possibly something is gone wrong and you've just packed old versions of files into TouhouItemsWeps.wad inside .pk3? (Sometimes I do the same annoying mistakes, and spend some time to get rid of them, so I know what am I talking about.) I see no changes in this .wad, it even has the same md5 as in 3.65 (the only difference between 3.65 and 3.66 is in TouhouMap05.wad). And every 'Bye' state still looks like this:

Code: Select all

Bye:
	TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItemEx("SoulSphere",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0)
    Stop
But what I expected there:

Code: Select all

Bye:
    TNT1 A 0 A_ChangeFlag("COUNTITEM", FALSE)
    TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItemEx("SoulSphere",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0)
    Stop
At least, I added this fix into my advance pack (see this diff), and it is working as expected, at least on Zandronum 3.0, GZDoom 1.9.1, and ZDoom 2.8.1.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

Ah, damn it, I forgot to put that in the 3.66 pk3. God damn that's a stupid way for a bug to persist.

And yeah, fixed in Episode IV.
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

Hello again, sorry if it has been quite a while since I last replied here, but I decided to edit the Marisa shot type weapon a bit more. Now the nodules to the sides are colored like her "Orreries Sun" spellcard in Hisoutensoku.
Spoiler:
Attachments
Marisa Gun Edit.zip
(30.28 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

Oh right I forgot to include the pickup sprite as well.
Spoiler:
Attachments
PLZME0.png
PLZME0.png (565 Bytes) Viewed 1804 times
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

Thanks! Those'll be implemented when Episode IV releases.

Okay, I need to talk about that, since I've gone, uh, completely silent for, uh, five months.

Part of that is the fact that Touhou Doom progress, in general, is in bursts; sometimes I plow through an entire map in a couple of days, and sometimes I go an entire month without finishing anything.

Another is the fact that I personally feel part of Episode IV is best experienced blind - which is to say that yes, I've finished MAP26 and MAP27, but I didn't feel like posting exactly what goes on in either map. As a result, I haven't said anything about those, because there's frankly not much to say about them that doesn't give away exactly what they are.

However, there's quite a number of things that I can tell you about, so IT'S CHANGELOG TIME (tentatively):
Spoiler: Touhou Doom Final Release Tentative Changelog
One last announcement: Touhou Doom Episode IV will release sometime in 2019. I hate that I can't be more certain than that, but I honestly cannot make any promises for even which quarter of 2019 it'll release in.
Wuerfel_21

Post by Wuerfel_21 »

Are Episode 2 and up of this mod supposed to be presented in blistering 1 FPS? (you know, for that cinematic feel)
Because that's what happens to me, lol. As soon as any boss battle gets going, the performance starts heavily degrading. It doesn't get better after the fight is over and all the bullets are gone. Seems to be some kind of CPU bottleneck, even the "original map do not steal" spellcard runs at 1 FPS. Are the bullets not getting properly deleted after they're gone?
And this is on an above-average PC (I get some 400-500 FPS in the start room of E1M1 with my current settings, if that means anything): AMD Ryzen 1600X 3.9Ghz 6 core CPU, NVidia GTX 980Ti GPU, 16 GB DDR4-2400 RAM
I'm using GZDoom g3.7.2_legacy

Another issue: When both bloom and multisampling are enabled, some levels have flickering white orbs and black rectangles appearing from boundaries between walls, very distracting, doesn't happen on vanilla Doom 2 maps. Buggy Nodebuilder?

Also, the boss name display on the top right is almost unreadable pixel goo at low UI-scale / resolution (EDIT: Seems t be isolated to 640x400 resolution, derp. Can be fixed by changing the SetHudSize parameters to 640x400. However, that'd muck it up for resolutions with square pixels)

Other than that, nice mod.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

That's really odd - while I AM on a better computer than you, I'm on an only marginally better computer, and I don't drop to low FPS nearly at all, at least using GZDoom 3.6.0 - this might be a version difference? I have no idea. I'll look into this.

EDIT: Okay, I did some testing on GZDoom 3.7.2 Modern, and I found this via Set Video Mode, tested on Lunatic 'Super Duplex Barrier', as that's one of the laggiest cards in the game:
-DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE RENDERER.
-OpenGL-accelerated: 60 FPS, 45 at worst. EDIT #2: If I move around to see as much of the card as possible, it stabilizes at 45 FPS with dips down to 30.
-Doom Software Renderer: 5-6 FPS
-True colour Software Renderer: still 5-6 FPS
-Softpoly Software Renderer [looks bad]: 17-25 FPS
-True colour Softpoly software rendere: still 17-25 FPS, stable at 18 FPS if I don't move too much.

Tested on a GTX 1060 with an Intel i5 7600K CPU with 8GB DDR4 ram.
Wuerfel_21

Post by Wuerfel_21 »

The problem isn't the lag during the spellcards, but the lingering lag afterwards. I couldn't reproduce the sub-1 FPS, but it still gets progressivly slower, regardless of renderer. I used Episode 2 extra stage (i think on lunatic) to test. In the black intro room with the teleporters and the beginning of the elevator, I hit Vsync (160Hz) on both GL and software, near the end, I only get some 20 FPS, just standing around while the boss talks. I assume the 1 FPS only happens when you play all the maps without restarting GZDoom?
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

Wuerfel_21 wrote:The problem isn't the lag during the spellcards, but the lingering lag afterwards. I couldn't reproduce the sub-1 FPS, but it still gets progressivly slower, regardless of renderer. I used Episode 2 extra stage (i think on lunatic) to test. In the black intro room with the teleporters and the beginning of the elevator, I hit Vsync (160Hz) on both GL and software, near the end, I only get some 20 FPS, just standing around while the boss talks. I assume the 1 FPS only happens when you play all the maps without restarting GZDoom?
I have no idea what causes this, though it's actually a known problem in a later map - MAP27 from Episode IV; though that map hasn't released yet. Map changes appear to reset the lag, actually - notably, I actually got MAP27 to lag less badly by splitting the map into smaller maps, (you'll notice each area of MAP27 is actually an entirely separate map, if you pay attention) which tells me this is a map issue, but a close-to-impossible one to diagnose.

Argh, this is frustrating.
Alamo985
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alamo985 »

I was enjoying Touhou Doom with Call of Doom: Black Warfare v0.5b UP2. When I reached stage 4 of chapter 1, after pressing the button that disable phase 2 defense protocol and acquire the key, it seems that the game just freeze there, nothing show up with infinite music. I tried running around the map but nothing trigger. Spawning Patchy in console would deplete the progress later on but I have no choice. Please fix that error.
System that I've used:
Windows 10 x64 Home Single Language, version 1803 OS build 17134.590
CPU: Intel Core i7-7500U 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB Dedicated VRAM
Memory: 4GB DDR4 RAM
Run with GZDoom 3.7.2 x64, launched using ZDL 3.2.2.3 beta.
Mod used (in order):
1. CODBW_beta05_BrutalRC7_002b.pk3
2. TouhouDoomUntitledEpisode3.66.pk3
3. BDBE_Flashlight.pk3
4. JPHUDHEALTHBAR_V3.2.pk7
5. JPSPECIALPOWERS3IN1_V1.2.pk7
6. Doomguy_Doom3_D4T.pk3
7. Half_Life_footsteps_D4T.pk3

Please respond quick :(
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I suspect it is a conflict with the CoD mod. I'm not sure this is meant to work with mods that change as much as that does.
kadu522

Post by kadu522 »

"CODBW_beta05_BrutalRC7_002b.pk3"

That is probably the problem. some brutal doom stuff don't work well with other mod's (Conflict's like sprite names,script names etc...)

You way want to try it with the "not brutal" editon also avaliable on the CODBW forum. if that also does not work then the mod prob. does not work with touhou.

Though i belive it should since i did manage to play with the other COD mod form the same author for lol's. :lol:

*After ACTUALY Reading the post*

oh yea that bug with the key... i also get that with some mods... i don't know how to fix that.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”