looking for a game recommendation

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Zen3001

looking for a game recommendation

Post by Zen3001 »

looking for something kind of specific.
something like max payne or hitman(not absolution, never played it but from what I heard it's shit), so a third person shooter with a realistic and dark setting.
+I prefer easier games, of course challenge is good but I lose interrest very fast when I get stuck into some unfair section.
+please no rpg mechanics, not even a simple skill tree I hate anything like that in games that aren't marketed as RPGs.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: looking for a game recommendation

Post by wildweasel »

Go play Yakuza Zero. It is absolutely none of the things you're looking for, but I have a feeling that it'll be a hit anyway.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

You can try IronStorm, it is pretty challenging and realistic even on easier difficulty settings. If an enemy sniper hits you in the head - you're dogmeat. You're not allowed to carry too many weapons, and sometimes you need to solve matters with finesse, rather than killing everyone in sight. Its storyline is also pretty unique - it takes place in an alternate history, where the first world war never ended. This game offers FPS/TPS switch as well, which is truly something. It has its fair share of glitches, but none of them are game-breaking, so I'd say go for it. IMHO this is a great game if you're looking for realism and enjoy alternate history FPS/TPS games.

Later, the game was re-released under the title World War Zero with significant changes.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

ehh.. with realistic atmosphere I meant only the atmosphere, so a world that feels realistic I didn't mean a realistic and hard defficulty I prefer easier defficulties as allready mentioned, thanks for the recommendation anyway.
wildweasel wrote:Yakuza Zero
yeah that one looks pretty fun actually, but it seems to be a playstation exclusive. I'm not getting one anytime soon and my craptop probably wouldn't be able to run it emulated.

should have mentioned it earlier but here are my specs:
intel hd graphics
intel penthium n3710
8gb ram
1tb storage

to simplify this, it can run the first dishonored at 20-30 fps so makes it playable as a slow steath game.
Last edited by Zen3001 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Zen3001 wrote:yeah that one looks pretty dun actually, but it seems to be a playstation exclusive. I'm not getting one anytime soon and my craptop probably wouldn't be able to run it emulated.
It got a proper PC port earlier this month.
Leon_Portier

Post by Leon_Portier »

There is also Death to Spies for you, its similar to Hitman and has no RPG mechanics what so ever. Its kinda hard though.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Uh...Death to Spies is damn hard. If you wanna give it a whirl nevertheless, try to finish IronStorm without dying less than 10 times :) Just a little appetizer before the main course!
joombo

Post by joombo »

I recently got into Subnautica and am surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. It's a really well done game.
kodi

Post by kodi »

Not exactly dark, but Freedom Fighters should otherwise fit the bill. It's an easy-to-pick-up squad shooter with extremely simple mechanics. There's this comfortable flow to the gameplay that makes it very enjoyable even though it's not really innovative or exceptional in any regard.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

kodi wrote:Not exactly dark, but Freedom Fighters should otherwise fit the bill. It's an easy-to-pick-up squad shooter with extremely simple mechanics. There's this comfortable flow to the gameplay that makes it very enjoyable even though it's not really innovative or exceptional in any regard.
Just looked it up, the hud looks stupid but by far the best recommendation in this thread but where exactly am I supposed to buy it from?
kodi

Post by kodi »

I didn't know it wasn't available for purchase. I have a physical copy. There's the obvious way, depending on your moral standpoint :P
I'll also recommend Spec Ops: The Line while at it. It's supposed depth and ingenuity of storytelling is quite exaggerated, but it's a good and dramatic game.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

allready got that from a humblebundle giveaway but don't really like it. way too linear, slow and too many boring cutscenes.
(I'm talking about spec ops)

Return to “Off-Topic”