DECORATE Parsing: A strange stuff happening

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Ahpiox

DECORATE Parsing: A strange stuff happening

Post by Ahpiox »

It's not so suggestion, but still. (Sorry, hello with english bad)
I think actual DECORATE parse works kind of strange, it is:
For example, there is pk3 file with DECORATE lump, which is includes "actors/missiles.txt","actors/sfx.txt" and "actors/weaps.txt". And actor PlasmaParticleExploding(from missiles) want to use GlowParticle(which is from sfx) as base.
But second actor is written in another .txt, so when PlasmaParticleExploding trying to use GlowParticle as base, error happens. What's reason for that?
And familiar situation happens with replacing: For example, when ImpieRandomSpawner2 tries to replaces ImpieRandomSpawner from another pk3/wad - GZdoom thinks ImpieRandomSpawner2 trying replace "non-existing" ImpieRandomSpawner, BUT ImpieRandomSpawner IS ACTUALLY HERE IN ANOTHER PK3/WAD.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: DECORATE Parsing: A strange stuff happening

Post by Graf Zahl »

You have to be careful about load order. Inheritance and replacing only work if the referenced class already exists, i.e. has been defined before the class doing the inheriting or replacing.
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

Graf Zahl wrote:You have to be careful about load order. Inheritance and replacing only work if the referenced class already exists, i.e. has been defined before the class doing the inheriting or replacing.
Okay, i understand this. But in Zandronum that kind of replacing still work, idk why. Maybe because it's have special data 'buffer'. But still thanks
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Then the load order is different. The DECORATE parser in Zandronum is mostly the same, just an older version.
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

Graf Zahl wrote:Then the load order is different. The DECORATE parser in Zandronum is mostly the same, just an older version.
Im not so agree. RandomMons in Clusterf*ck-pack is loaded before patch, so it means special actors defined before that patch. And result is "Script error, "complex-CF-patch-v3.0.pk3:actors/spawner/spawner.txt" line 4: Replaced type 'SImpHiddenSpawner1' not found for NoMoreFakeStonesPls"...
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

If you want this checked you have to provide some minimal example to test.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”