Doom Raro! Now with Doom3Guy Too!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZomBieMan Alpha

Doom Raro! Now with Doom3Guy Too!

Post by ZomBieMan Alpha »

DOOM RARO!

Doom Raro is a General enhancements for Doom in terms of gameplay and somewhat visuals, what this mean? now the monsters are a true threat. they still have the same damage and healh but now can jump,lunge,evade and some predict you movement. they are still the original monsters except for some news Added From Vegeta Doom 3 Mod and other more.

Mod Features:
*Doom3Guy as an optional class!! (here he still fast like old doom) Alt Fire to reaload weapons!
*little changes in weapons, like Smooth-anim and a duke style pistol (manual fire, reload automatic)
*Super Shotgun disintegrated enemys in point blank shoot.
*new gore system similar to complex doom but blood and gibs are attracted to physics (it can be deactivated in the Raro Options menu)
*Jetpack revenant! Jumping imps! Faster pinkys and more!
*Healh items and armor not respawn in cooperative or survival (except the GreenArmor this always Respawn)
*It work perfect in Deathmatch game modes. try Gib a player with your SSG Its realy fun! :twisted:
*if you exit the level with less than 50 points of heath it set you 50 health in the next level :D
*in Multiplayer games player start with 25 point green Armor
*Soul Cube a powerful weapon charge with enemys souls, when it hit an enemy it give the damage done to the enemy, in coop game it give the health to all players in single or Dm games only for the owner.
*Now fist have alternative fire, the chainsaw!! (still need to found first)
Spoiler: some monsters
Links RAROS!
TO PLAY IN ZANDRONUM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wosu9u7cvhkl8 ... 0.pk3?dl=0

TO PLAY IN GZDOOM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8exjnlae5gu1x ... 0.pk3?dl=0

YOU CAN TURN OFF THE BLOOD AND SOME EFFECT IN RARO OPTION -----> NOLAGMODE ON

Doom 3 Guy in action!

Spoiler: Game Play Video and Some screenshot
Spoiler: ChangeLog
Spoiler: Credits
if you like this mod try vegeta Doom 3!! sure you will like it :D
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=53070
HAVE FUN WITH THE RARO!!
Last edited by ZomBieMan Alpha on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:27 am, edited 8 times in total.
Evil_3D

Re: Doom Raro! Like Normal Doom but Strange

Post by Evil_3D »

Very raro!!!

It's simple but very fun and challenging to play :rock:
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

oh hey i can punch dead body on a sti-OH SHIT ITS ALIVE AND IT SHOOT ME
really like this mod
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

ZomBieMan Alpha wrote:they are still the original monsters except for some news Added From Vegeta Doom 3 Mod and other more.
You should be more specific. Looking at the PK3 shows me a lot of stuff from other mods (including my own) without any credits given, which is awfully impolite.
ZomBieMan Alpha

Kinsie wrote:
ZomBieMan Alpha wrote:they are still the original monsters except for some news Added From Vegeta Doom 3 Mod and other more.
You should be more specific. Looking at the PK3 shows me a lot of stuff from other mods (including my own) without any credits given, which is awfully impolite.
hello! i think i was add the Credits file into DoomRaro.pk3 before Upload :shrug:, Sorry for that!! i will add it in the post now :)
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

ZomBieMan Alpha wrote:hello! i think i was add the Credits file into DoomRaro.pk3 before Upload :shrug:, Sorry for that!! i will add it in the post now :)
An improvement! One thing that's missing is the D3Chaingunner was made by Captain J (with a little bit like the concept and projectile by myself) for MetaDoom.
ZomBieMan Alpha

Fixed! d3commando and tech vile was the last ones i add in the wad I forgot them in credit
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

i think archviles alt attack is unfair,there is no telling if he will use standart or alt since he blocks ur vision with his fire
also tech vile was from doom rl monsters
if u use teleport and it gets u to some revenants that stand next to u there is no way to dodge their melee attack cuz of the delay
ZomBieMan Alpha

Fixed the credit. And ty for the feedback! i will think how to change that.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

bug report(its sure look like one)-when i hear laughter from doom 3,level freezes for a couple of seconds then goes back to normal then again multiple times,while everything freezes doom 3 hunter doesnt so he can kill me even if its not a bug its still imbalanced
another bug-cyberdemon and spider mastermind doesnt infight
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

there are more things that i want to talk about-berserk is u s e l e s s,most of the enemies have fast melee especially pinky demon(no delay)and revenant has a long arm so u cant even touch him without being hit
also i think it would be nice to have dodge button :D
ZomBieMan Alpha

Hello! the hunter got powerups like the ROE artifact. Quad damage (Red FX around him) Invul (Blue FX around him) and the time power (Green FX around him).should the last one slow down the time but i still dont sure how to do :( i will try to fix!
spider mastermind dont infight with anything.otherwise is too stupid.... i think.

And about the berserk yeah i should do something haha. mmmm dodge button is good but Doom Raro try to keep the classic player properties and weapons there not change in their movement.

Thank you for the feedback i hope you enjoy the mod! :D
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

there were no powerups in gzdoom version(playing 5 wad and nothing),mastermind not infighting leads to map breaking were u supposed to do this
and yes i really enjoy this hehe
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Chaingun sound a little too quiet, try doing some weird stuff with the BFG9000 and plasma rifle too.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

its impossible to dodge doom 3 brains alt attack where he launches missile that follows you around corners and u cant do anything about pinkys melee since its instakill,there is a lot of stuff that makes it unnecesarly hard when low hp

okay more things to mention
1.no new powerups,maybe in coop too didnt checked
2.when cacodemon kills u(with melee at least)it becomes more powerful,but it has no use in single player
3.not all monters can be seen in the game(wip?)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”