MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (New Version This Week! p95)

Post by Panzermann11 »

When I start up MetaDoom and the 300 Pounds logo shows up, I can see the fists (This doesn't happen in the stable release though)

Last edited by Panzermann11 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:Apparently, if your weapons in use are either the Gauss cannon or the Unmaker, this happens if you punch the walls.

https://imgur.com/a/xwCOQ0G
Fixed. Thanks.
Finder153 wrote:When I start up MetaDoom and the 300 Pounds logo shows up, I can see the fists (This doesn't happen in the stable release though)

Here's the bug: goo.gl/nTvnJi
Attempting to view this image just gives me an error. Please just use Imgur or some other image host used by humans. If you can't use the img tag, check the image posting rules to find out how to change that.

I've added a quick check to not give the player the fist if the TITLEMAP is running, just to be sure.
Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 »

Alright, I fixed the image. Should be viewable now. Also thanks for the fix.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Oh and if you plan to release this version today, you should change the main post to include the Artifact in the iventory items list.
Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 »

Got another bug. When I melee near a wall with a chainsaw, it makes a punching noise while it wasn't supposed to do that. Think ya can fix it?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

NOTE: This was designed for the latest Stable GZDoom. Software mode is not supported. The older OpenGL renderer is not supported. EDGE is not supported. Doom Legacy is not supported. Zandronum probably won't be supported until 2050. This may change in the future, but for now, assume it won't!

Changelog wrote:It's been a while, hasn't it?

Not a vast amount of NEW things in this update, but what's there has a big impact, and there are a lot of changes and improvements to existing content, rounding off the sharp edges and generally making the entire mod way better.

New Stuff:
  • Added 2 new inventory items! (Kinetic Mine, The... Artifact?!)
Optional Content:
  • Optional Content is now built into the main mod and togglable via CVar, as opposed to being a seperate PK3 to load! (Thanks Matt and DrPySpy!)
  • WolfSS and Commander Keen now respect the "More Actors" CVar.
  • Added additional visual variety to some props...
UI Changes:
  • Added DrPySpy's Codex! Hit the new keybind in the controls menu to bring up a high-quality new menu providing all the details on everything you've picked up or killed.
  • Converted the HUD from SBARINFO to ZScript, allowing for greater flexibility and some of the new featues listed below....
  • Player sounds and HUD mugshot now take the player's gender, as specified in the "Player Options" menu, into account! (Thanks DrPySpy!)
  • Powerup timers on the HUD are now properly centered, adjusting as powerups are gained and lost. (Thanks DrPySpy and TheZombieKiller!)
  • Difficulty select screen now has skill descriptions and mugshot. (Thanks BoA Team!)
  • The 100% kills/items/secrets messages will now try not to overlap each other. when triggered in rapid succession (ie. MAP07). They'll now try and wait their turn and trigger one after the other.
  • Updated HELP page to explain the Shared Grenade Ammo Pool and note the default keybind for the Codex.
  • Updated ENDOOM to credit DrPySpy and mention Saber Interactive.
Generalized Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed inventory cooldown getting stuck forever when transitioning between maps
  • Fixed potential error when dying in Ultra-Nightmare in Doom Complete (WadSmoosh)
  • Fixed all the harmless-but-agitating warnings in the console during startup.
  • Various under-the-hood cleanups and tweaks that no sane human will notice.
  • Players should no longer have their view snapped to their attacker when punched by other players in multiplayer.
  • "You don't have any grenades!" text should no longer log globally.
Weapon Changes:
  • The BFG's tendrils now properly reward kills and points to the appropriate player, rather than just Player 1. (Thanks DrPySpy!)
  • The Lightning Gun's standard attack now has a very slight chance of causing enemies to flinch, as opposed to the previous zero chance.
  • The Lightning Gun's stun bomb has been been given an aesthetic overhaul.
  • If a script takes away the player's Pistol, they'll be given a Fist weapon so they can keep fighting until they get a Pistol again.
  • Added a CVar to toggle spent brass and casings, for the truly performance-starved.
  • Disabled spawning of Fire Axe in Deathmatch mode, since it still doesn't have its proper effect on other players yet.
  • Holy Water Pistol's ammo acquisition FX ported from ACS to ZScript.
  • Fixed a single-frame animation glitch when switching away from the Machinegun or Chaingun while their alternate modes were enabled.
  • Fixed punching walls creating bad decals when armed with Gauss Cannon or Unmaker.
  • Weapons now have brightmaps.
Item Changes:
  • The Tesla Rocket will no longer fry the player who fired it if they're in the way. It also rewards kills and points properly, ala the BFG fix above.
  • The Shield Wall's sprites have been redrawn to be less screenshot-rippy.
  • The Shield Wall no longer blocks its user's own shots, elevating it to the dizzying new status of "actually useful"!
  • Dramatically reduced effectiveness of Siphon Grenades on Cyberdemons and Spiderdemons, making it harder to "cheese out" those bosses.
  • Hand Grenades are more enjoyable to actually use!
  • Added additional skins for keycards and skull keys.
  • Treasure items can now be disabled via CVar (meta_lootspawns).
  • Additional polish and variety for treasure items...
  • Items "thrown" out by other items (treasures, Agent Cores, etc.) now respect player-blocking lines, making it less likely that cool stuff will out of reach.
  • Cell and Argent Core ammo pickups now have brightmaps.
  • Light-Amp Visors now have new sprites.
Monster Changes:
  • Spiderdemon artwork has been updated and re-rendered (Thanks DrPySpy!)
  • Wretched now have new sprites rendered from the Doom 2016 model (Thanks Zaneion!)
  • The Former Lieutenant now wears blue armor, to make him look less like his chaingun wielding siblings (DrPySpy did a lot on this update just FYI)
  • Spiborgs and Bull Demons are now harder to make flinch when they're charging (in multiple meanings of the word), making them harder to cheese-out.
  • Fixes and improvements to the logic behind Summoners spawning Unwilling. (Thanks Major Cooke!)
  • Fiend's sprite offsets are considerably less whacky.
  • Additional gibbing sound variety added.
  • A_SetScale hack used for random sprite mirroring on death replaced with the recently-added SPRITEFLIP flag, since it's a better way of doing it.
  • Imported Doom 2 Minor Sprite Fixing Project assets for the following monsters: Arachnotron, Arch-Vile, Mancubus, Pain Elemental and Revenant.
  • Phantoms now have unique sounds.
  • Pistol Scripted Marines now only do the original Doom Pistol's amount of damage, instead of the increased damage of the player's EKG Sidearm.
  • Z-Sec now use the proper firing sound instead of the vanilla shotgun.
  • Nightmare Imps now have red blood on their death animations.
  • Arachnotrons and Spiborgs now properly bleed when Axe'd.
  • Melee now instakills Trites. Squish!
  • Additional polish and variety in WolfSS and Commander Keen replacmements...
RedoLane

Re: MetaDoom v5.0 "Klave" (Get Artifactual! p96)

Post by RedoLane »

I've been holding back with this mod since I felt there is more features for it to come. I'm still waiting for the day I could check it out....

*cracking fingers*

….But I guess today is gonna be that day.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Sweet, new version!

Anyone know what the map is at around 0:36 of that video?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Supremely Superb there!! Those items are going to be a lot useful. And i see you fixed/added so many changes. Nice job for that!
Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 »

Oh my God, yes, YES! I'm gonna download this new version! Can't wait to kill demons with a heart thingy that makes things go Matrix!
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

hitmanx wrote:Sweet, new version!

Anyone know what the map is at around 0:36 of that video?
Here's all the maps in the trailer, in rough order of appearance:

Final Doom TNT Map01
Hell Revealed 2 Map01
Doom E1M8
DUMP 3 Map15 (by me!!!)
Master Levels ATTACK.WAD
Doom 2 Map02
Doom 2 Map03
The Ultimate Doom 2 Map15
Final Doom Plutonia Map01
Doom E2M7
Doom 2 Map10
DUMP 2 Map09 (also by me!!!)
Gameplay Mod Test Map
Doom 64 Map28
Doom E1M1
merlin86
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro

Post by merlin86 »

Pretty amazing mod. Cannot wait to see more :)
ShockwaveS08
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Minor audio bug, regarding the Chainsaw: "Uppercutting" a wall with the Melee button will produce a short string of "punching" sounds, rather than metal scraping against more metal.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

oh buddy with the doom eternal gameplay stuff revealed i cannot wait to see what comes for the future
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

chronoteeth wrote:oh buddy with the doom eternal gameplay stuff revealed i cannot wait to see what comes for the future
Thankfully, a friend has provided me with a handy workflow management tool to decide what should and shouldn't go in.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”