Droplets - Updated 11/10/2018!

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Josh771

Re: Droplets - Development Resumes!

Post by Josh771 »

Droplets 1.1.0 is released to the public! It features a new setting, "Blood Gravity," new sound effects for blood droplets (which took me forever to find a good source and then butcher in Audacity/FL Studio), totally overhauled blood fog, and slightly enhanced support for Hideous Destructor.

The blood fogging is more subtle now and uses a varied set of images; please let me know if the effect isn't strong enough or if perhaps the new fog images don't appeal. It's all very experimental and I'm glad to get feedback whenever I can.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Maybe it's just me, but I noticed in the previous version that I'm not getting any wall blood, just the floor stuff. Is it working for you?

Can't wait to try out the new version. The weird blob blood spawned from the player in HD was getting on my nerves.

8-)
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Wall blood works OK for me so far, might just be your load order?
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

@Caligari87 - Yes, I was unaware of that terrible sprite conflict. What's more, you should be able to hear yourself bleeding in a quiet room in HD now, since you'll hear the slap and patter of droplets falling to the floor. Enhances the atmosphere of desperation ;)

@Glaice - Are you sure about the wall blood? Normal decals will still be painted on walls, yes, but an old feature of Droplets where the individual blood drops leave little splats all over the walls is not presently implemented. So if you're getting that effect, you have a very old copy of Droplets loaded up - although I'm currently considering ways to re-implement the feature, possible using TraceBleedAngle() or wall sprites.
Armaetus

Post by Armaetus »

I have my RDND mod loaded before Droplets so it's not being affected.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hey, welcome back SidDoy... err, I mean, Josh771! :)

Glad to see this addon being reworked again, awaiting for more future updates! Keep it up! :thumb:
Awez

Post by Awez »

In the newest version, there are no blood droplets stained on the walls, even though this worked in previous versions. Was it removed?
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Awez wrote:In the newest version, there are no blood droplets stained on the walls, even though this worked in previous versions. Was it removed?
Well, "removed" wouldn't quite be the word for it. For technical reasons, that feature is now defunct. I am soon to be working on a way to replace them, hopefully with added functionality (like more runny blood on walls, etc.) but for now, yes, the feature is missing.
devilemporium

Post by devilemporium »

Giblets seem to flicker when they drop into liquids. Same goes for blood spots, although those appear in liquids very rarely, probably has to do with different geometries. I tried setting adjust sprite clipping to always and smarter to see if the gibs being raised out of the liquid would solve the issue, didn't work.
Armaetus

Post by Armaetus »

Can those "Bullet hit" sounds be toggleable? I don't quite like them.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

I don't think the latest release plays those sounds. Pretty sure that got commented out with 1.1.0, when I added sounds for blood spattering onto surfaces.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

1. Thanks for making this mod. It's a great effect.
2. Is is possible to disable the effect for certain damge types?, Like, for stun-type damage?
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

I don't think I can disable this effect for any particular damage type without making separate files specifically to make Droplets compatible with specific mods. If there were a way to add that sort of exception to the base Droplets mod, I wouldn't mind doing so, but I believe it's not possible.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Hi Josh, loading this as a resource in gzdb-bugfix returns this error, that I'm unable to fix:

ZSCRIPT error in "argent-base.pk3\ZScript\mechanics\droplets\Droplets.txt", line 3. Expected comma, ;, [, or argument list, got <Token.OpAssign (=)>.

it's with this:

Code: Select all

static const String[] liquidpics = { "NUKAGE1", "NUKAGE2", "NUKAGE3", "BLOOD1", "BLOOD2", "BLOOD3", "SLIME01", "SLIME02", "SLIME03", "SLIME04", "SLIME05", "SLIME06", "SLIME07", "SLIME08", "LAVA1", "LAVA2", "LAVA3", "LAVA4", "FWATER1", "FWATER2", "FWATER3", "FWATER4", "F_HWATR1", "F_HWATR2", "F_HWATR3", "F_PWATR1", "F_PWATR2", "F_PWATR3", "P_VWATR1", "F_VWATR2", "F_VWATR3", "F_WATR01","F_WATR02", "F_WATR03", "FLATHUH1", "FLATHUH2", "FLATHUH3", "FLATHUH4", "FLTFLWW1", "FLTFLWW2", "FLTFLWW3", "FLTWAWA1", "FLTWAWA2", "FLTWAWA3", "FLTLAVA1", "FLTLAVA2", "FLTLAVA3", "FLTLAVA4", "FLTSLUD1", "FLTSLUD2", "FLTSLUD3", "X_001", "X_002", "X_003", "X_004", "X_005", "X_006", "X_007", "X_008", "X_009", "X_010", "X_011" };
How to fix that?

edit:

Oh, actually fixed it myself:

Code: Select all

static const String liquidpics[] = { "NUKAGE1", "NUKAGE2", "NUKAGE3", "BLOOD1", "BLOOD2", "BLOOD3", "SLIME01", "SLIME02", "SLIME03", "SLIME04", "SLIME05", "SLIME06", "SLIME07", "SLIME08", "LAVA1", "LAVA2", "LAVA3", "LAVA4", "FWATER1", "FWATER2", "FWATER3", "FWATER4", "F_HWATR1", "F_HWATR2", "F_HWATR3", "F_PWATR1", "F_PWATR2", "F_PWATR3", "P_VWATR1", "F_VWATR2", "F_VWATR3", "F_WATR01","F_WATR02", "F_WATR03", "FLATHUH1", "FLATHUH2", "FLATHUH3", "FLATHUH4", "FLTFLWW1", "FLTFLWW2", "FLTFLWW3", "FLTWAWA1", "FLTWAWA2", "FLTWAWA3", "FLTLAVA1", "FLTLAVA2", "FLTLAVA3", "FLTLAVA4", "FLTSLUD1", "FLTSLUD2", "FLTSLUD3", "X_001", "X_002", "X_003", "X_004", "X_005", "X_006", "X_007", "X_008", "X_009", "X_010", "X_011" };
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Any chance on a patch to use this with D4D? There's currently a bug that spawns bloodpools beneath all enemies upon starting a map. However, this isn't present when using droplets with D4T, so it might just be a D4D issue.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”