[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

1w346

Re: [v1.7] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by 1w346 »

Okay, it's working better now. Thank you.
D3athStalker

Re: [v1.8] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Okay, this might be the most time-consuming update I have worked on (IDK if it's worth it to be honest), but v1.8 is finally here:

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!YlAEEaiK!rFdq86qH7cUi ... 6o3byuPLKU
Alternative link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9uhs68wz4 ... 8.pk3/file

Changelog:
- Replaced Gatling Gun with Venom Gun, an updated version of RtCW's classic weapon with visual similarities from Aliens' Pulse Rifle.
- Revamped the reload system for Crossed Wield. Solely pressing reload won't do anything, but pressing fire/alt fire after pressing reload button will make the player reload the left/right weapon.
- Heavily edited NKW's and LKW's sprites, making them resemble Wolf2's DieselKraftWerk and LaserKraftWerk.
- Mashing the reload button will speed up the reload process of weapons.
- Smoothened most of the weapon animations.
- Added visually realistic looks for the weapons held in the left hand.
- Compression Harness is replaced by Plasma Edge which gives the hatchet ability to shoot short ranged plasma tentacles which greatly increases its damage and range.
- Added two new powerups, Rune of Wrath and Rune of Spirits.

- Greatly reduced the height and radius of NKW flame projectiles.
- Fixed a bug where left handgun's ammo shows instead of left SMG when dual SMG is selected.
- Changed Scythe's pickup sprite.
- Revamped Grimmhammer's sprite, especially the barrel part.
- Added the new reload system for crossed wield to dual wield.
- Added bullet puff to SMG's nail mode.
- Changed pickup sprites of napalm ammo.
- New reload sounds for NKW.
- New firing sound effect for secondary mode of Inferno Shotgun.
- New ADS sprite for Inferno Shotgun.
- Minor changes to Inferno Shotgun's sprite.
- Added more kick to Super Shotgun's primary fire animation.
- Added footstep sounds (Can be turned off).
- Changed some of the item pickup sounds.
- Made the explosion sounds less ear-rapey.
- Added new explosion sound for smaller explosions (upgraded Scythe rounds, KP cluster grenades etc.).
- New reload animation for Grimmhammer.
- Changed Plasma Rifle's and NKW's scope mode to ADS mode.
- Fixed Dual Paratroopers glitching out when both weapons' mags are empty and preventing the player from reloading them.
- LKW now shakes when you're charging it.
- Slightly polished the coding for casings.
- Fixed Paratrooper firing slightly slower in CW mode.
- Fixed the dual LKW bug when you try to swap LKW with Laser or Uber in CW.
- New and better sounds for hatchet.
- Q3 style powerups are replaced by runes, which work same as the previous ones.
- Rifle's grenade launcher is replaced by a self-charging plasma projectile launcher.
- Slightly polished Assault Rifle's and Inferno Shotgun's sprites.
- Added decals to hatchet.
- Added cock animation to Paratrooper Rifle and Grimmhammer.
- Better spark particle physics.
- Changed BJ's sprites.
- Changed the explosion sound of the secondary projectile of Plasma Rifle.
- Kampfpistole's firemode icons now change in alt HUD when the weapon's internals get updated.
- Added powerup counters to alt HUD.
- Updated the difficulty settings, made the end difficulties harder.
- Added a CVar where you can turn spare ammo counters off from the primary HUD.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

lovin' the new update just have a couple of nitpicks i actually like the assault rifle with grenade launcher alot better than the plasma launcher any particular reason why this was changed also the the ADS sprites for the inferno shotgun looks a bit to big. also besides the kriegsland enemies pack i think this mod needs it's own special enemy pack other than that great update.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oooooh Blitzyes. I think you updated this game a lot there. Going to download this again!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I finally got around to trying this. It's good. Good animations. Good effects. Sprites could be better. My biggest, and probably only gripe is with weapon behavior. The guns have a tendency to not fire if you let off and press again before the gun is ready to fire. This is a tale as old as time and just as annoying as ever. NOAUTOFIRE is my bane. It's particularly bad with the rocket launcher, or whatever the gun is with the flamethrower attack. I wouldn't mind using the long range attack but half the time I go to shoot it refuses so I switched to the flame thrower and forgot about the other fire mode. Also, the flame thrower really tanked my framerate if I held it down for any significant amount of time.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

armymen12002003 wrote:lovin' the new update just have a couple of nitpicks i actually like the assault rifle with grenade launcher alot better than the plasma launcher any particular reason why this was changed?
I just had a thought of giving the AR a rocket launcher that doesn't need ammo, and I think the grenade launcher is a bit generic and unnecessary since we already have Kampfpistole and hand grenades.
Rowsol wrote:I finally got around to trying this. It's good. Good animations. Good effects. Sprites could be better. My biggest, and probably only gripe is with weapon behavior. The guns have a tendency to not fire if you let off and press again before the gun is ready to fire. This is a tale as old as time and just as annoying as ever. NOAUTOFIRE is my bane. It's particularly bad with the rocket launcher, or whatever the gun is with the flamethrower attack. I wouldn't mind using the long range attack but half the time I go to shoot it refuses so I switched to the flame thrower and forgot about the other fire mode. Also, the flame thrower really tanked my framerate if I held it down for any significant amount of time.
Thanks for the feedback. Tried removing WEAPON.NOAUTOFIRE flag from NapalmKraftWerk (the weapon you've mentioned) and it works much better. I can soon release a quick patch which involves the mod's weapons with the mentioned flag removed.
RedoLane

Post by RedoLane »

Guess it's time to try this mod! Great updates so far :)
ShockwaveS08
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Bug Report 1: The Ammo Reserve counters on the upper-left corner of the screen are gone, irregardless of the appropriate CVAR. Digging into the SBARINFO shows the reason; it doesn't even exist in the code! D:

Bug Report 2: You might want to replace all mentions of the Compression Harness in the Mod Options menu with the Plasma Edge.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Bug Report 1: The Ammo Reserve counters on the upper-left corner of the screen are gone, irregardless of the appropriate CVAR. Digging into the SBARINFO shows the reason; it doesn't even exist in the code! D:
Yeah, I removed the ammo counters at the upper left corner, those bar slides were taking up so much space. I might re-add them in the next patch as numbers instead of bars.
Bug Report 2: You might want to replace all mentions of the Compression Harness in the Mod Options menu with the Plasma Edge.
I keep forgetting descriptions in LANGUAGE and MENUDEF, thanks for pointing out.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

D3athStalker wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:lovin' the new update just have a couple of nitpicks i actually like the assault rifle with grenade launcher alot better than the plasma launcher any particular reason why this was changed?
I just had a thought of giving the AR a rocket launcher that doesn't need ammo, and I think the grenade launcher is a bit generic and unnecessary since we already have Kampfpistole and hand grenades.
ah i see what you mean kinda figured why that was.
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

I'll second the NKW causing slowdown in flamethrower mode - it used to not do so, maybe it's something with the dynamic lights? It also seems to be a problem with the plasma rifle sometimes.

Additionally, the NKW's sprite is cut off during reloading if you're playing in widescreen.

EDIT: Huh, I think you broke something - turning dynamic lights off does not disable the dynamic lights on the NKW flames or Plasma Rifle projectiles. I also got the dual assault rifles to get 'stuck' in dual-wield mode - something with the plasma rocket launcher alt-fire I think? Switching away fixes it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oooh yeah, Flamethrower mode also slow downs my computer... Although some powerups, plasma rifle's projectiles, and spawning hundreds of casing also causes the same frame drop, but that's far more worse imo.

Also during the gameplay, i have experienced some weird problems and i'll show 'em all right away;

- When i hold the fire button while Handgun is out of ammo, Including its Dual Wield mode, Both gun's hammer moves super fast! But nothing else happens, tho. Except Foley sound plays endlessly when i'm holding Primary Fire + Reload Buttons in Dual Wield mode.

- Left handed Sub-Machine Gun's ammo counter shows Right one instead of its own. Also when i'm holding Reload + Either Primary or Secondary Button, it loops weapon lowering animation.

- Left Inferno Shotgun doesn't eject spent casing after reloading, while it's out of ammo.

- Left Super Shotgun, Venom Gun, Grimhammer, Scythe Magnum and Assault Rifle plays Foley sound endlessly, it's the same thing like Handgun's; Holding Primary Fire + Reload Buttons in Dual Wield mode make it happen.

- Plasma Rifle, Napalmkraftwerk, Laserkraftwerk and Kapmfpistole has the same glitch like Sub-Machine Gun's; Holding Reload + Either Primary or Secondary Button, it loops weapon lowering animation.

- It seems Scythe Magnum's Alternative Fire-mode does not consume any ammo at all. Intentional?

And that's about it. My goodness, i have been playing this mod for 24 hours! Thanks for your priceless update there. It was worth it. :D
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Captain J wrote:Also during the gameplay, i have experienced some weird problems and i'll show 'em all right away;
*keeps taking notes for the next patch*

Damn, didn't notice that the flamethrower mode was really a performance choker. Maybe because of the sheer smoke and fire drops they produce and NKW fires three flame projectiles every frame...
- It seems Scythe Magnum's Alternative Fire-mode does not consume any ammo at all. Intentional?
That's actually intentional, it's supposed to work like a full-auto version of Doom 2016's blaster.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Nice job on the Venom Gun sprites, it really makes the 'minigun' of the mod look less out of place, and feels like something that would be wielded by Nazi Space Marines.\

EDIT: Also, anyone remember what to do to bind for cross-wielding?
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

D3athStalker wrote:Maybe because of the sheer smoke and fire drops they produce and NKW fires three flame projectiles every frame...
While I'm on a laptop, I have flame drops and smoke off and it's definitely still dropping my framerate from 60-ish to sub-30. Same goes for the plasma rifle, though for me at least it doesn't seem to be quite as bad.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”