Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
XASSASSINX

Re: Hideous Destructor

Post by XASSASSINX »

ohh! Thanks! Just 3 extra things and i'm done.

First: I think i will be playing this with my brother in some time, But for now: Is there any way to make bots follow you? The DERP uses a following system, why don't the bots use it too? is it because the code is very different or because you simply are focusing on other things and not on bots?

Second: I keep getting this "Fragpuff" error in my messages, and it's annoyed me so much that i turned off notifications. I will update my version now, but is this a version error or something with my GZDOO?

Third: Is there any way to toggle zoom? So instead of holding it or always be on, i simply click to turn it on or off?
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Which version of HD are you using? I think I've addressed most of those since the last HD release.

There's a way to set up toggling a cvar, something "rebind" something. I think the fucking smoke from the next town has killed most of the brain cells that are in charge of working this stuff out so you'll have to do it or someone else might.

EDIT: Yes, there's a ccmd hd_zoomon that you can bind.
Last edited by Matt on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

https://i.imgur.com/4DqpIe5.png

toggle zoom always is the binding option you want
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Wow. After playing this mod for a long time, I have alot of questions. I heard somewhere that this mod has a discord for coop, or am i just crazy? Sorry, But i'm kinda newbie to all this.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

PM sent with Discord invite. We're keeping them private/temporary for now because the server got raided a little while back.

8-)
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Exiting a level in GZDoom 3.5.0 stops the game and throws up this error. I looked at said ZScript and then I realized that I know squat about ZScript and ACS and all that fun stuff.
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

Same, but easy way to get around that is to either use the 'map' or 'changemap' in console. Whatever spawns that causes the crash sometimes doesn't spawn at all, therefore loading the level correctly.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Which version of HD are you using, release or latest git? This should have been fixed a week or so ago.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Matt wrote:Which version of HD are you using, release or latest git? This should have been fixed a week or so ago.
Ah, there's my problem, I was using the release version. Probably should have known better!
Matt

Post by Matt »

It just means it's been way too long since I last posted a release!

Last call for bug reports (on the latest git) before I do...
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

I don't know where this might be stemming from, but I noticed while playing DESCENT.WAD last night that seemingly none of the human enemies were dropping rifles/ammo upon death. I was playing GZDoom 3.5.0 release and the latest Git master of HD as of 14 hours ago (I think that's commit 5156402...).

8-)
Matt

Post by Matt »

Zombies or marines or both?
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Both I think. I checked several bodies hoping to replace my ZM66 marksman with a burst-capable version and none of them had dropped anything.

8-)
Matt

Post by Matt »

How odd... I was just playing an OBLIGE map this morning, pretty much identical to latest git and GZD 3.5.0, and guns were getting dropped by the zombies and shotgunguys all over the place as they should have been.

(On that note, changing the save-from-zero-hp threshold was a mistake - now the zombiemen are little more of a threat than they are in vanilla while the shotgunguys kill you on sight)
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

i haven't had it happen to me with diabolus ex, or an oblige wad earlier either. E: even descent seems to be fine. at least the first level of it? zombiemen dropped as expected and marines rarely dropped ammo

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”