HUMP Mini Community Project (RELEASED)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
leodoom85

HUMP Mini Community Project (RELEASED)

Post by leodoom85 »

Important note: This is a crosspost thread from Doomworld, authorized by the project leader.

Welcome all, to the Heretic Upstart Mapping Project Mini!
DUMP showed us that community projects are a good way to get people into mapping and HUMP showed us that a lot of mappers are interested in Heretic mapping.HUMP mini will continue where HUMP left off but aim at getting people to map in the true vanilla format.

Download it NOW!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3aci3b2uj ... i.zip/file
-Runs on Chocolate Heretic with the heretic.wad (Registered)
(Although, you can also try other ports if you want)

Main goals and rules:

1.Everyone involved will create a Heretic Map in 4 weeks (1 for planning and 3 for mapping)
2.Using only vanilla Heretic textures, weapons, enemies and line actions (no ACS/DECORATE/zscript) - we will use the heretic.wad with the 5 episodes (Shadow of the Serpent Riders)
3.Aimed at being played in Chocolate Heretic which can be found here
4.Use 'Heretic : Heretic (Doom Format)' in Doom Builder or GZDoom Builder (basic vanilla Heretic Format)
5.No limits as to map theme but it should work with the vanilla E1 sky
6.Maps should be kept track of on Discord - each map will have a text channel where the WIP map can be posted, playtesting can be done, feedback given, etc. (Discord link)
7.You can nominate a new MIDI file for your map if you like, provided it fits with Heretic's aesthetic and quality.
8.Aimed at wand-starting each level
9.Project will start on 25/06 and end on 23/07
10.It is aimed at being a single episode but if we get enough interested mappers to fill another episode it will turn into a 2 episode project (Highly unlikely though)

If you are interested post in this thread,join the Discord or both.You have this week to get used to Heretic mapping and play your own map and if you want to you could even start mapping early.

Discord (IMPORTANT FOR KEEPING TRACK OF MAPS / PLAYTESTING / ETC) : https://discord.gg/JmEjVNh
(Don't worry we wont be using voice chat - most of us will be text only, although you are welcome to use voice if you like)

Mapper list:
- Cynical Overdose
- ETTiNGRiNDER
- Mikolah
- PerfectionismTech
- SOSU
- Walter confettiy
- Xindage
- Repugnus
- Hexenmapper
- Riderr3
- Skeletonpatch
- Whirledtear
- Xyzzy01

Some guidelines for Heretic mapping
https://pastebin.com/KABXRbVz
Last edited by leodoom85 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Fishytza
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: HUMP Mini Community Project

Post by Fishytza »

I might give this a try. More for the challenge of mapping in pure vanilla than anything else.

EDIT: I'm no longer a mapper for this.
leodoom85

Re: HUMP Mini Community Project (RELEASED)

Post by leodoom85 »

Ok, the mapset is released and I added some images to see how it is.
Enjoy. :)
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

This was great fun to be part of, good to see almost 2 full episodes for heretic completed!
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

Always love it when heretic receives some leveling love. the levels are great so far however it seems I have run into abit of a snag.

I am currently playing through episode 2 at the moment on level 7 and so far I have not been able to even leave the starting area without changing the gameplay options to allow jump I assumed that these maps where made without needing to use jump so I have had it turned off for the time being.

also you eventually get teleported to a small area with a shadowsphere in it and i can not ofr the love of me figure out how to leave this area so a couple of things came to mind about this.
1. I am also playing this with heretical doom so I am wondering if i am supposed to fly out of that room or
2. I am being blind and a derp and there is som sort of switch/mechanism for getting out of that room.
whirledtsar

Post by whirledtsar »

hammer oz wrote:Always love it when heretic receives some leveling love. the levels are great so far however it seems I have run into abit of a snag.

I am currently playing through episode 2 at the moment on level 7 and so far I have not been able to even leave the starting area without changing the gameplay options to allow jump I assumed that these maps where made without needing to use jump so I have had it turned off for the time being.

also you eventually get teleported to a small area with a shadowsphere in it and i can not ofr the love of me figure out how to leave this area so a couple of things came to mind about this.
1. I am also playing this with heretical doom so I am wondering if i am supposed to fly out of that room or
2. I am being blind and a derp and there is som sort of switch/mechanism for getting out of that room.
You can ride the iron lich's tornado out of the starting area.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Let me know when you're doing another Heretic Map sesh @leodoom I'd love to participate.

Return to “Levels”