Samsara: Extra Heroes (Version C2) + ExMixer (0.81)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mentha

Re: [WIP] Samsara: Extra Heroes + ExMixer

Post by mentha »

because previous samsara add-ons were made by people with no idea what they were doing, generally.

very glad to hear this one breaks that trend.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

To the mod authors:

Do you think you guys could modify the Duke Nukem portion of the mod to get rid of the explosive firing shotgun, and then put the shrinker and devestator from Duke Nukem 3D into Samsara?
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Current version of Zandronum finally supports the code I used to make my Shrinker/Expander and Holoduke additions to Samsara. Not guaranteed to work in Multiplayer though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/479b5dzhj90l1 ... t.pk3?dl=0

Feel free to use this code in your own mod. Just give me a credit maybe.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

warman2012 wrote:To the mod authors:

Do you think you guys could modify the Duke Nukem portion of the mod to get rid of the explosive firing shotgun, and then put the shrinker and devestator from Duke Nukem 3D into Samsara?
Why would you want to get rid of the explosive shotgun?
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

I think an explanation for past Samsara addons is that the main mod was kind of hard to work with, with one of the biggest examples being the code at the time.
Then there was how it tried to make the characters faithful, while at the same time being creative and trying to make things work.
Prisoner 849 was a noticeable character that was planned but then cancelled, even though i don't know why, but i know the case for Caleb was:

* He had a role that was already "filled", since the mod treated characters as classes.
* His movement was tricky from what i heard. (specially since Blood doesn't have its source code released)
* And the core gameplay of Blood was a different beast from Doom's.

At least this was what i heard.
Shiny Metagross

Post by Shiny Metagross »

To address all concerns about Duke's arsenal:

1) I don't think I will remove the explosive shotgun. A lot of people love it and it's been around since the beginning of Samsara.
2) I've considered adding the Shrinkray and microwave expander, the thing is every enemy has to have shrunken actors along with a shrinking effect and honestly it's a lot more work than it is worth, especially because mixer compatibility will of course be demanded.
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

I just want to chip in and mention that visuals although important, are not necessary to get perfect.
I would be okay with Caleb walking like a creep, as long as aesthetics and general feeling of Blood is kept on point.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:Prisoner 849 was a noticeable character that was planned but then cancelled, even though i don't know why
I can't speak for Term, but from what I can remember he got burned out on Samsara and Naraka and moved on to Metroid Dreadnought.

When I jumped in and started doing my own updates years later, Term's work on Prisoner 849 had gone missing in some way so there wasn't really anything to salvage on that point. Pity, but that's the way things go.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

OK, I get your reasons for not using the shrinker or expander, but what about the incinerator from World Tour? Would that be hard to do?
Shiny Metagross

warman2012 wrote:OK, I get your reasons for not using the shrinker or expander, but what about the incinerator from World Tour? Would that be hard to do?
Ah, I don't know man, I think his arsenal is fine, unless you can convince me why it's not I see no need to change it.
Assassin of Purity

Will you add the other heroes from Rise of The Triad in this?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them

Post by wildweasel »

Assassin of Purity wrote:Will you add the other heroes from Rise of The Triad in this?
Would there be any appreciable difference?
Assassin of Purity

wildweasel wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:Will you add the other heroes from Rise of The Triad in this?
Would there be any appreciable difference?
If you played Rise of The Triads, you'd know that they have different stats. I sadly never played the game, but I did check out Hardcore Gaming 101 about it. I could try out the total conversion of it for Doom or download ECWolf to play RotT on it.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

The only difference between the ROTT characters mechanically is health and movement speed. There isn't much of a point unless you love bloat.
Shiny Metagross

blackfish wrote:Current version of Zandronum finally supports the code I used to make my Shrinker/Expander and Holoduke additions to Samsara. Not guaranteed to work in Multiplayer though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/479b5dzhj90l1 ... t.pk3?dl=0

Feel free to use this code in your own mod. Just give me a credit maybe.
You know, I've been thinking about it, and I have been interested in adding the shrinker and expander in the past before. I can add them, but someone else neither me or Jesh are interested in making shrunk variants of all the enemies, someone else will have to do that if they really want it.

It makes me laugh to see questions asked like whether or not other RoTT characters will be added because I already have something in my builds that's far better than that.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”