Door_Animated stuck if blocked by sprite/entity

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
crowbars82

Door_Animated stuck if blocked by sprite/entity

Post by crowbars82 »

Hi everyone,

I've tried searching around for anything similar on this. Animated doors get stuck in their 'open' state if they are blocked by a sprite, which may be a common bug/feature.

I realised this was happening while testing with Project Brutality/Brutal Doom, it seems if blood sprites or bullet holes are shot in the door sector the door stays open. This also happens with Steve's flashlight, which is weird. If you shine the flashlight onto the door, it feels like the 'flashlight entity' seems to keep the door open. Even when turning it off the door remains open.

Is there a fix for this, or have Animated Doors always had this issue?

Much thanks!
-Crow
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Door_Animated stuck if blocked by sprite/entity

Post by Graf Zahl »

They always had this issue. Apparently a check for being solid is missing somewhere
crowbars82

Post by crowbars82 »

Thanks Graf! It is a strange one, but for what I'm using it for it isn't massively important. I will think of it as a feature for now haha! :D
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

It's not that easy to fix because it is not possible to determine what kind of actor is in the sector. It may actually cause some stuck things if the check is removed.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”