GZDoom 3.5.0 error

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
PersonalComp234

GZDoom 3.5.0 error

Post by PersonalComp234 »

Hey, so I downloaded this version (Modern branch, x64), but it keeps giving me this error when I try to open it:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Anything I can do to fix this?
AvzinElkein

Re: GZDoom 3.5.0 error

Post by AvzinElkein »

PersonalComp234 wrote:Hey, so I downloaded this version (Modern branch, x64), but it keeps giving me this error when I try to open it:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Anything I can do to fix this?
It's probably a false positive due to your antivirus.
PersonalComp234

My antivirus (Avast) didn't target anything at GZDoom, and this only happened for me on 3.5.0, not on the previous versions.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

PersonalComp234 wrote:
My antivirus (Avast) didn't target anything at GZDoom, and this only happened for me on 3.5.0, not on the previous versions.
I had the exact same problem; set CyberCapture to "allow me to decide".
PersonalComp234

Okay, I found the problem, I had hardened mode on and didn't know about it, since I also had silent mode on.
Thanks for your help anyways!

Return to “Technical Issues”