IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D + V2.0 PATCH (STABLE RELEASE)

Post by irontusk341 »

csiga77 wrote:Hi all,

With gzdoom 3.4.1 + V2.0 I get the error:

Script error, "wrathofchronoshereticpatch2.pk3:players2.txt" line 5:
Unexpected '209' in definition of 'NewFighterPlayer2'

System is a few weeks old linux mint 64

Thanks for any help...
make sure you load from the batch file, do not drag and drop PK3 files into Gzdoom.exe
Also do not edit the batch file after extracting the game. Everything in the batch file is in perfect order, editing the load order or not loading the batch file correctly by (pk3 drag and drop) could produce unpredictable and/or undesirable results.
csiga77

Post by csiga77 »

irontusk341 wrote:

Thanks for any help...
make sure you load from the batch file, do not drag and drop PK3 files into Gzdoom.exe
Also do not edit the batch file after extracting the game. Everything in the batch file is in perfect order, editing the load order or not loading the batch file correctly by (pk3 drag and drop) could produce unpredictable and/or undesirable results.
I did that, I used the original .bat, tried all of them, same results. It should work on linux - obviously, everything else works just fine with gzdoom...
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

csiga77 wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:

Thanks for any help...
I did that, I used the original .bat, tried all of them, same results. It should work on linux - obviously, everything else works just fine with gzdoom...
The game was never tested on Linux. your issue is unique and cannot be duplicated through trial and error except by the drag and drop method. you could try redownloading the main pack then the patch right after again.
csiga77

Post by csiga77 »

I tried the full version, all 4 details, without then with patch, no change...

Should I need anything else outside the full zip, a heretic.wad (14.189.976) and a working gzdoom 3.4.1?

We are enthusiastic (6+ linux users) to play it, and we will dig in to make it work on linux. Maybe I will need some help in private, if I fail.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

csiga77 wrote:I tried the full version, all 4 details, without then with patch, no change...

Should I need anything else outside the full zip, a heretic.wad (14.189.976) and a working gzdoom 3.4.1?

We are enthusiastic (6+ linux users) to play it, and we will dig in to make it work on linux. Maybe I will need some help in private, if I fail.
i cant replicate your issue, I dont understand why it wouldnt work with Linux. it works with windows for sure.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

csiga77 wrote:I tried the full version, all 4 details, without then with patch, no change...
Please post a whole command line you are using.
csiga77

Post by csiga77 »

_mental_ wrote:
i use the batch files provided, unchanged: lite, normal, etc. Gzdoom in linux is in path and can be started in any dir, it knows the fixed locations of all iwads, and in this case I didn't have to edit a bit, because there is no ".exe" in the batch file, just "gzdoom -file.......", as in my other gzdoom starting scripts.

So if I don't need anything else than I asked earlier, I will dig in by myself...
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

csiga77 wrote:
_mental_ wrote:
i use the batch files provided, unchanged: lite, normal, etc. Gzdoom in linux is in path and can be started in any dir, it knows the fixed locations of all iwads, and in this case I didn't have to edit a bit, because there is no ".exe" in the batch file, just "gzdoom -file.......", as in my other gzdoom starting scripts.

So if I don't need anything else than I asked earlier, I will dig in by myself...
The only thing i can tell you is to redownload the full version, then download the patch, then right after extracting the patch to the game folder, then click on the batch file. Nothing else should be done. You are the first Linux user that i know of that tested this game with issues.
irontusk341

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D + V2.5 PATCH (STABLE RELEASE)

Post by irontusk341 »

Version 2.5 is out! it includes a real Authentic Andariel with all the sexy, deadly, poisonous goodness she offers.. Like the original Diablo 2 game, she is vulnerable to Fire Damage. She also is vulnerable to Holy Damage but strong against, ice, poison and lightning damage. Special Thanks to Void Weaver for Ripping her and scripting her.

Some other changes occurred as well such as, updated River of flame map, new sprites Zealots, which look like Hexens Clerics. Powerful melee attacks with flame nova shield... So your melee attacks may come at a price. They are not very fond of the cold... just saying. ;)

Diablo's glitching a Lich death sprite has been fixed... He no longer morphs into a dying lich.
irontusk341

Re: IronTusks - Diablo 3D V2.5 PATCH *expansion coming soon*

Post by irontusk341 »

Coming soon!!!!

Diablo 3D is getting an Expansion (The Heart of Terror) to the TC Mod is in the works... Which will add 6 more maps, more diablo lore monsters, more items, and more weapons and numerous balancing/texture fixes.

What would you like to see in the coming expansion?? Leave your comments below!
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Got a list for you:

1. Monster Behavior - What kind of breaks the balance of this game is that enemies are acting more like Doom monsters when they should be acting like Diablo monsters. For example, you walk into a large room and swing at something and everything is alert and barreling down on top of you, every time this happens you kite and kill til everything is dead. In Diablo, nothing gets alerted to your presence unless they get line of sight on you, that way you are bound to walk into an enemy or group every 3-5 seconds as opposed to a massive army every min. In conjunction with LoS being added, you also need to implement the monster behavior from Diablo. Zombies for example, they should be shambling around til you get within a few meters before they either walk or charge towards you (pending on the type of zombie). Similar with Skeletons, them and the zombies shouldn't be hauling ass after you like Pinkies but rather walk towards you to start hitting you. So far the only thing that acts like it's supposed to is the Fallens, but even that is debatable.

2. HUB System - This game badly needs a HUB system to be more accurate to Diablo. Every character should start off in town (main HUB) and use various gateways to specific levels. Use ProDoomer as a reference for what I am talking about here. This will eliminate the chance of never getting a damn merchant to buy/sell equipment, as well as adding more merchants to buy things from. And I doubt the game engine can handle a town portal type mechanic, so every level should be separated individually to avoid the need for such a thing.

3. Rare/Champion Mobs - A random chance to encounter enemies with special powers just like in Diablo. The harder the difficulty setting, the higher chance they will spawn in place of regular enemies.

4. More Lootable Objects - It's rare that you will find treasure chests, let alone anything you can interact with to search for free loot. This is one of the main feels of Diablo that is missing. There needs to be more objects you can loots things from.

5. Overhaul Entire MOD - It's about time this MOD should deviate from being WoC meets Diablo, to Diablo 3D. Restructure the classes, attribute system, and skills to match Diablo. Add an actual equipment system later on so you can actually build a character.

If and when all of that gets added, then it will feel very much like a Diablo game. Hope to see it happen.
Last edited by Valherran on Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Valherran wrote:
Got a list for you:

1. Monster Behavior - What kind of breaks the balance of this game is that enemies are acting more like Doom monsters when they should be acting like Diablo monsters. For example, you walk into a large room and swing at something and everything is alert and barreling down on top of you, every time this happens you kite and kill til everything is dead. In Diablo, nothing gets alerted to your presence unless they get line of sight on you, that way you are bound to walk into an enemy or group every 3-5 seconds as opposed to a massive army every min. In conjunction with LoS being added, you also need to implement the monster behavior from Diablo. Zombies for example, they are should be shambling around til you get within a few meters before either walk or charge towards you (pending on the type of zombie). Similar with Skeletons, them and the zombies shouldn't be hauling ass after you like Pinkies but rather walk towards you to start hitting you. So far the only thing that acts like it's supposed to is the Fallens, but even that is debatable.

2. HUB System - This game badly needs a HUB system to be more accurate to Diablo. Every character should start off in town (main HUB) and use various gateways to specific levels. Use ProDoomer as a reference for what I am talking about here. This will eliminate the chance of never getting a damn merchant to buy/sell equipment, as well as adding more merchants to buy things from. And I doubt the game engine can handle a town portal type mechanic, so every level should be separated individually to avoid the need for such a thing.

3. Rare/Champion Mobs - A random chance to encounter enemies with special powers just like in Diablo. The harder the difficulty setting, the higher chance they will spawn in place of regular enemies.

4. More Lootable Objects - It's rare that you will find treasure chests, let alone anything you can interact with to search for free loot. This is one of the main feels of Diablo that is missing. There needs to be more objects you can loots things from.

5. Overhaul Entire MOD - It's about time this MOD should deviate from being WoC meets Diablo, to Diablo 3D. Restructure the classes, attribute system, and skills to match Diablo. Add an actual equipment system later on so you can actually build a character.

If and when all of that gets added, then it will feel very much like a Diablo game. Hope to see it happen.
Some good points, i had experimented with rare/champion mobs but it broke the game, maybe i might have more luck with time. It could take a good while for the kind of overhaul we all would love to see to complete.
Daedolon13

Post by Daedolon13 »

Hello, I just found this mod and am very interested in playing it. I downloaded the "full" file and the patch as well in the OP, but neither archive seems to contain any of the mentioned batch files to run the mod. If anyone could give me and idea of where to find the batch files or which files I need to load to get this running I'd appreciate any help, thanks. I have GZDoom 3.5.1 if it makes any difference with anything.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Daedolon13 wrote:Hello, I just found this mod and am very interested in playing it. I downloaded the "full" file and the patch as well in the OP, but neither archive seems to contain any of the mentioned batch files to run the mod. If anyone could give me and idea of where to find the batch files or which files I need to load to get this running I'd appreciate any help, thanks. I have GZDoom 3.5.1 if it makes any difference with anything.
If you download the full one, that will be 8 bat files inside of the archive(filename with ZAN means for Zandronum 3), make sure you extract everything in the archive to your GZDooM directory or, put these files to other new directory and then put latest GZDooM files inti the new directory.

If you don't have the bats, please (re-download if you already deleted the full archive, and then) re-extract anything in the Diablo 3D full.zip again, make sure everything has been extracted.
Attachments
These BAT files should be there if you extracted everything!
These BAT files should be there if you extracted everything!
Daedolon13

Post by Daedolon13 »

PlayerLin wrote: If you download the full one, that will be 8 bat files inside of the archive(filename with ZAN means for Zandronum 3), make sure you extract everything in the archive to your GZDooM directory or, put these files to other new directory and then put latest GZDooM files inti the new directory.

If you don't have the bats, please (re-download if you already deleted the full archive, and then) re-extract anything in the Diablo 3D full.zip again, make sure everything has been extracted.
Thanks for your reply. I re-downloaded the FULL file in the OP just in case, but again, it contains no batch files. The ones shown in your screenshot are not included. The archive is almost all wad files (see screenshots)... Looks like I can only add 3 images, but the fourth screenshot would just show more wad files to the bottom of the archive.
Attachments
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”