Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mario6754

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.3

Post by mario6754 »

So I've gotten to the end of the game with only 70 spider medals. Madame Caco says I need 80... is there a hidden Spider House somewhere that I'm missing?
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

Now I know why the pink blocks were having issues my end, it's not an actual issue with the mod, for some reasons the 64 bit version of GZDoom has an odd issue with it whilst the 32 bit version seems to function perfectly, how weird.
Gez

Post by Gez »

mario6754 wrote:So I've gotten to the end of the game with only 70 spider medals. Madame Caco says I need 80... is there a hidden Spider House somewhere that I'm missing?
There are ten spiders each in each of these eight maps, so yes, a total of 80.
  • MAP08: Arid Abode (Desert)
  • MAP15: Spooky Sunken Ship (Beach)
  • MAP21: Venom Villa (Forest)
  • MAP26: Rimy Residence (Mountain)
  • MAP31: Crescent Moon Manor (Sky)
  • MAP37: Spectral Steamworks (Tech)
  • MAP42: Gluttonous Gorehouse (Hell)
  • MAP47: Spider Mansion (Grassland)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

salahmander2 wrote:Now I know why the pink blocks were having issues my end, it's not an actual issue with the mod, for some reasons the 64 bit version of GZDoom has an odd issue with it whilst the 32 bit version seems to function perfectly, how weird.

Don't make such quick judgements. I haven't looked at the script yet, but if there's an inconsistency it may well be caused by some uninitialized variable that happens to be 0 in one build and not the other. It may be in the engine but it may also be in the script.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Graf Zahl wrote:
salahmander2 wrote:Now I know why the pink blocks were having issues my end, it's not an actual issue with the mod, for some reasons the 64 bit version of GZDoom has an odd issue with it whilst the 32 bit version seems to function perfectly, how weird.

Don't make such quick judgements. I haven't looked at the script yet, but if there's an inconsistency it may well be caused by some uninitialized variable that happens to be 0 in one build and not the other. It may be in the engine but it may also be in the script.
Which issue would it be? If it's the one where the blocks don't push you far enough to reach the platform, you have to change the compatibility settings to Default or Zdoom
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

Batandy wrote:
Graf Zahl wrote:

Which issue would it be? If it's the one where the blocks don't push you far enough to reach the platform, you have to change the compatibility settings to Default or Zdoom
That also did the trick, thank you! :D

Furthermore, it seems to happen when the enable wall running flag is enabled. Last thing I actually expected to cause it.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

salahmander2 wrote: That also did the trick, thank you! :D

Furthermore, it seems to happen when the enable wall running flag is enabled. Last thing I actually expected to cause it.
You should play with the default settings, it's the way i intended the mod to work, so different flags might break the behavior of certain things. The reason the 32 bit version worked was probably because you had a different config for that
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

salahmander2 wrote: Furthermore, it seems to happen when the enable wall running flag is enabled. Last thing I actually expected to cause it.

That flag completely breaks some high velocity movement logic so it doesn't come as a surprise that this is responsible.
In general you should leave the compatibility options alone when playing ZDoom mods.
siealex

Post by siealex »

I change only one compatibility option: Allow autoaim = OFF. It's much more convenient to snipe very far enemies (especially Sniffits) without autoaiming, especially if there are some other enemies (e. g. Demons) in the same direction.
Korell

Post by Korell »

siealex wrote:I change only one compatibility option: Allow autoaim = OFF. It's much more convenient to snipe very far enemies (especially Sniffits) without autoaiming, especially if there are some other enemies (e. g. Demons) in the same direction.
For me, in Gameplay Options I have Smart Autoaim set to off, Allow Autoaim set to on, and then in the Player Setup I have the autoaim slider set to 0. So without changing the compatibility options I still have no autoaim. Allow Autoaim just means that it can be used, but the Player Setup controls how much autoaim there is, and for me that's none at all.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Korell wrote:
siealex wrote:I change only one compatibility option: Allow autoaim = OFF. It's much more convenient to snipe very far enemies (especially Sniffits) without autoaiming, especially if there are some other enemies (e. g. Demons) in the same direction.
For me, in Gameplay Options I have Smart Autoaim set to off, Allow Autoaim set to on, and then in the Player Setup I have the autoaim slider set to 0. So without changing the compatibility options I still have no autoaim. Allow Autoaim just means that it can be used, but the Player Setup controls how much autoaim there is, and for me that's none at all.
The mod is meant to be played without autoaim anyway, autoaim was forced off in the first beta, but people didn't like not having a choice so i've put it back.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

I've been playing for two evenings and I must say that that Trumpet sound is getting on my brain, slowly killing it.

It's good, really good. Just not for long playing sessions.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

neoworm wrote:I've been playing for two evenings and I must say that that Trumpet sound is getting on my brain, slowly killing it.
If only this still existed...
WasKwahn

Post by WasKwahn »

Love it! Played through chunks of it solo, and now I'm playing through it with a friend. Co-op is so close to working, I can taste it. I just have two big problems:

1. Co-op bosses. Once one person enters the door, the door is unusable, and if the player dies, that's it, the game softlocks. We've bypassed this by saving just before the boss and taking turns trying to kill it, and that's fun enough, but is there any way to get this to work properly?

2. Big Coins. Is there any way to have the game count the total big coins collected across both players, or to make big coins not disappear when picked up, so others can grab them? If not, then is there a way to add big coins to our inventory, so that we can both get golden weapons? We don't really need them, as 2 people is more than strong enough to kill whatever, but TEH SHINIEZ PLS.

Thank you for any advice on these matters you can provide! :)
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

WasKwahn wrote:Love it! Played through chunks of it solo, and now I'm playing through it with a friend. Co-op is so close to working, I can taste it. I just have two big problems:

1. Co-op bosses. Once one person enters the door, the door is unusable, and if the player dies, that's it, the game softlocks. We've bypassed this by saving just before the boss and taking turns trying to kill it, and that's fun enough, but is there any way to get this to work properly?

2. Big Coins. Is there any way to have the game count the total big coins collected across both players, or to make big coins not disappear when picked up, so others can grab them? If not, then is there a way to add big coins to our inventory, so that we can both get golden weapons? We don't really need them, as 2 people is more than strong enough to kill whatever, but TEH SHINIEZ PLS.

Thank you for any advice on these matters you can provide! :)
Interesting that it didn't completely break and you were able to play some of the level. I'm afraid at some points things might break because of some scripts coming in future stages.

1) The best way would probably be to enable cheats and have the other player noclip in the boss room, unfortunately.
2)Having the big coins as a total value would need a rework, so it's not possible, but yeah, you can cheat yourself some big coins with Give Big_Coin in the console

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”