Operation Extraction

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Seribbit

Operation Extraction

Post by Seribbit »

Operation Extraction

I am working on a megawad for doom 2 and I am editing the levels with GZDoom Builder in UDMF format, it is the first time that I edit my own levels.

Operation Extraction

While the demons invade the earth, one of the underground government facilities with which they lost contact ,returned to be operational and receive a message of help from the survivors.
The decision is taken to send five rescue squads, they locate a small entrance to the complex.
Once there they are ambushed by possessed guards, kill the rest of your team and you survive, now you must find the way to enter the complex and reach the deepest of the facilities to locate who send the message.

Screenshots
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Maps
Map01 - Alternative entrance
Map02 - parking and storage
Map03 - Computer Center
Map04 - Sewer system

At the moment I only made 4 maps.

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p57rvz9ccd67z ... n.rar?dl=0
Last edited by Seribbit on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whoah

Re: Operation Extraction

Post by Whoah »

Got any screenshots for us?
Seribbit

Post by Seribbit »

Whoah wrote:Got any screenshots for us?
I'll do it right away.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

This don't look too bad! Really digging the more open level layout. I'll give it a play as soon as I get the chance
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

I gave it a play and so far it's looking nice. The first level was a bit meh not much to it. After that, the levels get better and more detailed and it really feels like you are making progress getting deeper into the base. I like more realistic designs in maps that feel like they could be real places so these maps were fun for me to play. Maybe sometime you could go back and do a little more work on the first level to get it at the same quality as the other maps.

I made a video of the first 2 maps
Last edited by Rex705 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seribbit

Post by Seribbit »

Rex705 wrote:I gave it a play and so far it's looking nice. The first level was a bit meh not much to it. After that, the levels get better and more detailed and it really feels like you are making progress getting deeper into the base. I like more realistic designs in maps that feel like they could be real places so these maps were fun for me to play. Maybe sometime you could go back and do a little more work on the first level to get it at the same quality as the other maps.

I made a video of the first 2 maps
https://youtu.be/H2bm3gEe7EQ
Thank you very much for the opinion, I am currently working with map number 5.

Return to “Levels”