Crosshair/Hud does not line up with game display

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
devilemporium

Crosshair/Hud does not line up with game display

Post by devilemporium »

So I've had this issue with a couple hud mods on top of gameplay mods. Basically, the crosshair appears to be in the center of the screen (It looks like it is) But then with mods such as BD21 Dynamic Hud, BD21 and PB 3.0, when ADSing, the crosshair very visibly does not line up with the actual sights. The Dynamic Hud mod also appears to be slightly more offset to the left side of the screen instead of being directly centered. I'm not sure if this has to do with my aspect ratio (16:9) or any of the scaling options? Help would be appreciated especially would be nice to know if this is something the mod authors would have to fix on their end or if it's a problem on my end.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Crosshair/Hud does not line up with game display

Post by Graf Zahl »

Please post some screenshots. Otherwise this will be a guess-game.
devilemporium

Post by devilemporium »

https://i.imgur.com/sag4DlI.png (Project Brutality with Traditional Brutal Doom class)
https://i.imgur.com/31MP0lj.png (Normal Project Brutality)
https://i.imgur.com/8l2rHqC.png (Brutal Doom)
https://i.imgur.com/FWUXoLC.png (Dynamic Hud for BD21, notice how the hud appears to be offset to the right a bit)

I used force default crosshair as aiming down sights while make the crosshair disappear with the mentioned option turned off. I know this seems nitpicky but I was wondering if this could be fixed as I'm getting serious OCD feelings from knowing that the hud and crosshair don't line up with the display properly.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The gun sprites probably just aren't aligned correctly, not the crosshair.

Post by Guest »

Thats so minimal, you can hardly tell. Ive seen ur screenshots so the best advise i can give is to go into ur nvidia control panel and make sure that you have the correct hardware selected for this(manage 3d settings) change some other properties if that isnt the issue. good luck
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Wilhelmina Crassleline wrote:the best advise i can give is to go into ur nvidia control panel and make sure that you have the correct hardware selected for this(manage 3d settings)
How would that even help?

Anyway, I think wildweasel is correct here.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

The engine's crosshair is always at the screen's center. If some weapon does not align with that it's the weapon's problem, not the engine's. That's even ignoring that it is generally not reliably doable to keep a selected pixel of the HUD sprite perfectly centered.

Return to “Technical Issues”