[BETA] DEAD MARINE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gorec

Re: [BETA] DEAD MARINE

Post by Gorec »

when u shooth rocket launcher and it hits the target u can hear snap sounds at any distance,also when firing bfg it resets your view
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Huh, I have an update for this mod to post (you can get it here!) but for some reason I can't update the main post to change the link. Says I can't use the IMG bbcode anymore. Anyway, for now you can get the new version at this post. Here's the changelog:

1.9.4:
-removed recoil from fist because it looked stupid
-reduced recoil on all ballistic weapons
-moved option menu to new format
-hitmarker sound is juicier
-slight "green" screenblend added to BFG fire
-improved pistol/chaingun fire sounds
-fixed BFG recoil not re-centering after fire
Last edited by Gifty on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Cool, an update! It's saying I need to ask for permission to access the file, though.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Sorry, check again now. Google Drive has been weird about permissions lately.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

can you write the dates of the changes in your changelog please?
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Found a game breaking bug. You can't switch from the shotgun to the pistol. You have to switch to another weapon before doing so.

EDIT: It seems to apply to any weapon when trying to switch to pistol. I have to switch to fists first.
EDIT2: it's most likely a Weapon Menu mod bug so, nevermind.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Yeah, it seems to be a quirk with the Weapon Mod menu and the pistol I guess. I noticed that the shotgun seems to have a sudden frame jump between the end of its draw animation to the idle, though.
About the only things really missing from this now are proper lights and brightmaps.
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

I notice that the Hell Knights don't gib like pinkies, imps, and cacodemons do if you kill them at close range with the super shotgun. Neither do archviles I believe or revenants.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Yep, I haven't included any gibbing animations for the bigger monsters (except the mancubus). Hope to add them eventually, but slow and steady wins the race!
thejbizz

Post by thejbizz »

Playing Plutonia, MAP07 will occasionally not drop the walls after killing all the mancubuses in the courtyard. I can't get it to consistently fail though.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

thejbizz wrote:Playing Plutonia, MAP07 will occasionally not drop the walls after killing all the mancubuses in the courtyard. I can't get it to consistently fail though.
I may have failed to add the BOSSDEATH flag to the mancubus gib death, will confirm later. If that is indeed the issue, you can open the mancubus decorate file and add +BOSSDEATH yourself and save yourself some hassle.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Gifty wrote:but for some reason I can't update the main post to change the link. Says I can't use the IMG bbcode anymore.
Read the image posting rules and rejoice at poorly-enforced bureaucracy.
thejbizz

Post by thejbizz »

Gifty wrote:
thejbizz wrote:Playing Plutonia, MAP07 will occasionally not drop the walls after killing all the mancubuses in the courtyard. I can't get it to consistently fail though.
I may have failed to add the BOSSDEATH flag to the mancubus gib death, will confirm later. If that is indeed the issue, you can open the mancubus decorate file and add +BOSSDEATH yourself and save yourself some hassle.
I was just about to come in and say that it was probably tied to the gibbing because I tested it out killing them with the SSG vs the RL with the RL failing.
I've never messed with this kind of stuff before. I assume I go into fatso.txt and put +BOSSDEATH somewhere in there?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Yep! Should be pretty simple, just make sure to put it into the xdeath/gibdeath animation.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

Sick mod. SSG feels so good.
Last edited by elCreyo on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”