Actor flag to not change dir when conversation initiated

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Actor flag to not change dir when conversation initiated

Post by Kinsie »

As bought up here - some kind of flag to prevent actors from changing direction to face the player when a conversation is initiated with them would be very useful for situations where said actor changing direction would not make much sense. For example, if they're seated and occupied, busy working on something, or not a human character (for example, using conversations for flavor text on 3D model object in the world - as nice as it would be, computers don't tend to turn to face you when you're using them!)

Here's a quick video of a real-world example from an unreleased project of mine. It doesn't make much sense for the pianist to turn away from his piano to "speak" what basically amounts to descriptive flavor text, so something like this would be much appreciated.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Actor flag to not change dir when conversation initiated

Post by Graf Zahl »

Added but not tested yet because of no runnable example. Once someone confirms it's ok. I'll close this.
Diode

Post by Diode »

Graf Zahl wrote:Added but not tested yet because of no runnable example. Once someone confirms it's ok. I'll close this.
Working on my end.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MdtOY ... s5N2NO3ClT

summon bob
summon rob
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Thanks for the this, especially for pulling it off so quickly during a tumultuous period.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”