Display current resolution

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Ichor

Display current resolution

Post by Ichor »

If the resolution selection does not return (after experimenting with it a bit, I actually don't mind this change other than the resolutions not being remembered, but that's apparently a bug anyway), then maybe you could add something that displays the current resolution. For instance, if I were to set it to 1283x717, then there could be a display under the Scale Factor that shows what the resolution is, so I can adjust it to 1280x720 if I want to be a bit OCD. I myself probably won't notice or care that it's a few pixels off, but some others might.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Display current resolution

Post by Kinsie »

Ichor wrote:For instance, if I were to set it to 1283x717, then there could be a display under the Scale Factor that shows what the resolution is, so I can adjust it to 1280x720 if I want to be a bit OCD. I myself probably won't notice or care that it's a few pixels off, but some others might.
If I'm going to be recording video footage of my mod for a trailer, or a mod for a video or whatever, I'm going to want to record at a standard video resolution so there won't be black borders or bits cropped out at random. I'm frankly surprised that people are painting this to be something only the OCD would want, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised by a lot of things anymore.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Kinsie wrote:
Ichor wrote:I'm frankly surprised that people are painting this to be something only the OCD would want, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised by a lot of things anymore.
Maybe it's because I might be a little bit OCD at times. It wasn't meant as an insult or anything.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

There is a CCMD for this: vid_showcurrentscaling - obviously this suggestion is for the menu, which I am not 100% sure is possible but it might be. So I will leave this open.

I just fixed a bug in vid_showcurrentscaling - in tomorrow's devbuild, the command will show both the window geometry and what is being emulated by the scaling code.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Rachael wrote:There is a CCMD for this: vid_showcurrentscaling - obviously this suggestion is for the menu, which I am not 100% sure is possible but it might be. So I will leave this open.
Yeah, it's for the menu (in the Set Video Mode actually, or whatever it will be called from now on). Though I'm not sure where vid_showcurrentscaling is going to show the resolution values. For all I know, it will make my suggestion moot. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Rachael wrote:There is a CCMD for this: vid_showcurrentscaling - obviously this suggestion is for the menu, which I am not 100% sure is possible but it might be. So I will leave this open.

I just fixed a bug in vid_showcurrentscaling - in tomorrow's devbuild, the command will show both the window geometry and what is being emulated by the scaling code.

It would have to be done the same way as the dmflags display on their menu: Do a class override and print some text there.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Kinsie wrote:
Ichor wrote:For instance, if I were to set it to 1283x717, then there could be a display under the Scale Factor that shows what the resolution is, so I can adjust it to 1280x720 if I want to be a bit OCD. I myself probably won't notice or care that it's a few pixels off, but some others might.
If I'm going to be recording video footage of my mod for a trailer, or a mod for a video or whatever, I'm going to want to record at a standard video resolution so there won't be black borders or bits cropped out at random. I'm frankly surprised that people are painting this to be something only the OCD would want, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised by a lot of things anymore.

Sigh...

Do any of you people even read the changelog? I already added a vid_setsize CCMD with which you can set a fixed window size for stuff like that.

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”